Begging for Tips

:evilsmile:

On the Pride in January, I don't recall our servers mentioning the survey at all.

You make a good point which goes back to something I said very early in this thread. I can't recall being asked for tips on any Carnival cruise I've taken since 1988 except for the aforementioned maitre d' PA announcements in the MDR.

Before the move to random online surveys the pressure for excellent marks on the surveys from the staff was par for the course on every cruise line we sailed, not just Carnival. This is one aspect I am not nostalgic for. :)

Come to think of it it would have more palpable if instead of the squeeze being put on us at each individual table in the MDR the staff could have sung about it as a group . Instead of singing Your Leaving Our Funship the last night they could have just as easily have sung: We're Leaving a Survey In Your Cabin Tonight.

Edited by sanmarcosman

Carnival posted like 5.4 Billion with a B profit in 2017 despite hurricane damaged ports. They could pay their workers better. They work very hard.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is Carnival Corporate and not Carnival Cruise Lines, but thanks for playing!