Just Back from the Liberty of the Seas- Lots of tips, tricks and pics

Thanks for your input in this topic but it is in the past and it all worked out so why even comment? And that is what 2/3 of the ship does the last night of the cruise. It worked for me and I would do it again! Thanks for your opinion though.

I was thinking the same thing. Suitcases are delivered all day, sitting in the hall. Unless there are valuables, I would leave mine. How is it any different than having suitcases delivered to the room? In fact, thank you for saying this. I will attach extra luggage tags to my carry ons, just in case there is a problem. I only plan to have my wine, my swimsuit, and a few clothes in there. It's not like I would leave my money and passports!

I was thinking the same thing. Suitcases are delivered all day, sitting in the hall. Unless there are valuables, I would leave mine. How is it any different than having suitcases delivered to the room? In fact, thank you for saying this. I will attach extra luggage tags to my carry ons, just in case there is a problem. I only plan to have my wine, my swimsuit, and a few clothes in there. It's not like I would leave my money and passports!

I agree! I think this is a fantastic idea! I hate carrying around my luggage.

Thanks for following along! I appreciate your support!

Yes, we live in The Woodlands near Conroe. Dropping off our luggage was very easy. I dropped my husband off, since he has a bad ankle, and he gave all our luggage to the porters with a $20 and I parked the car at Cruise Park.

Once onboard around 11:15 or so I went up to our room. I saw a guy who was picking up wheelchairs from the previous cruise and he told me to just ask the room steward. I saw her (not mine) but I asked and she said sure just leave it OUTSIDE the room. So I did. I appreciated her so much because lugging that around is NO FUN! I think it is just one of those things... Just ask. Of course, they may say no but at least you can try!

We went straight to the Lido deck when we got on and then back to the Promenade to eat at Cafe Promenade.

I hope this helps!

We were on Liberty in April & May. We TRIED to leave our Carry-on's at our room...our steward said NO! She said that the rooms are all "open" (as they were still cleaning) & they couldn't guarantee the security of the bags.... so just know you MAY be able to leave them, you MAY not.

Thanks for following along! I appreciate your support!

Yes, we live in The Woodlands near Conroe. Dropping off our luggage was very easy. I dropped my husband off, since he has a bad ankle, and he gave all our luggage to the porters with a $20 and I parked the car at Cruise Park.

Once onboard around 11:15 or so I went up to our room. I saw a guy who was picking up wheelchairs from the previous cruise and he told me to just ask the room steward. I saw her (not mine) but I asked and she said sure just leave it OUTSIDE the room. So I did. I appreciated her so much because lugging that around is NO FUN! I think it is just one of those things... Just ask. Of course, they may say no but at least you can try!

We went straight to the Lido deck when we got on and then back to the Promenade to eat at Cafe Promenade.

I hope this helps!

We did your cruise June 3 and were super surprised at the new terminal system. We are from up Willis way and we stayed at the Tremont Saturday night - didn't want any unexpected fun driving down Sunday morning. We did the same thing you did - drop of wife with luggage and park in lot B. Worked great - having our drinks b4 11:30. Awesome system.

How was embarkation process? C&A "Priority boarding" any faster than reg line?
Much faster. Having a suite was somehow a special line that was a super short wait in a large area uncrowded. Wife has C&A. That might have helped. There was a separate line. Much faster. It was like we were given some special treatment.

We were on Liberty in April & May. We TRIED to leave our Carry-on's at our room...our steward said NO! She said that the rooms are all "open" (as they were still cleaning) & they couldn't guarantee the security of the bags.... so just know you MAY be able to leave them, you MAY not.

Yes I agree... This may have been a fluke for us. Make sure y'all know that it is more than likely NOT going to work but again... I think "asking" for permission is a good start!

Good luck to y'all!

I seriously wasn't trying to be rude! I'm sorry if I aggravated anyone!

We did your cruise June 3 and were super surprised at the new terminal system. We are from up Willis way and we stayed at the Tremont Saturday night - didn't want any unexpected fun driving down Sunday morning. We did the same thing you did - drop of wife with luggage and park in lot B. Worked great - having our drinks b4 11:30. Awesome system.

Willis? I teach in Willis! Small world! Thanks for following along!

Yes we were more than thrilled with the new system!

How was embarkation process? C&A "Priority boarding" any faster than reg line?

We got there so early it didn't really matter but in our experience the C&A line is much shorter! In fact, once on board we were told that 1,600 out of the 4,800 were past guest. We expected a MUCH higher number but that gives you an idea!

Much faster. Having a suite was somehow a special line that was a super short wait in a large area uncrowded. Wife has C&A. That might have helped. There was a separate line. Much faster. It was like we were given some special treatment.

Yes, the suites get even more priority! Besides the highest levels of the loyalty program this will get you on board (and many other amenities) the fastest!

SO Sorry for the delay...

Sea Day #2

http://chrisandkelliedavis.blogspot.com/2018/06/liberty-royal-caribbean-sea-day-2.html

Here is Day #4 and our 1st port... Coxen Hole, Roatan!

http://chrisandkelliedavis.blogspot.com/2018/06/liberty-royal-treatment-roatan.html

I will be posting the rest of the port days tomorrow morning (Lord willing)

Here is our day in Costa Maya! After several visits here, this is becoming a favorite port of mine.

We did a SPA DAY at the Mayan Healing Spa right there at the pier. It is VERY cheap (Compared to land or on the ship) and is AMAZING. These girls really know how to get your feeling good. We also spent time at the pier shopping and taking it all in! PLUS... An evening at Sabor!

Check it out! Thanks again for following along! Let me know if you have questions!

http://chrisandkelliedavis.blogspot.com/2018/07/liberty-royal-treatment-costa-maya.html

I noticed on the "formal" nights your husband had a polo shirt on. Was that accepted? I don't want to make this another thread on attire but curious if he was given any dirty looks. I know some people take the formal thing to another level. My wife and I go on our first Royal cruise this October on LOS and may try to get away with a polo shirt if i can. We have done several Princess and over there they seem to be more strict.

I noticed on the "formal" nights your husband had a polo shirt on. Was that accepted? I don't want to make this another thread on attire but curious if he was given any dirty looks. I know some people take the formal thing to another level. My wife and I go on our first Royal cruise this October on LOS and may try to get away with a polo shirt if i can. We have done several Princess and over there they seem to be more strict.

We were on Vision in January. My husband wore a polo on formal night with no problem. We have been cruising for 26 years. Our first cruises we would wear formal dresses and tuxedos. Then cocktail dresses and sports jackets. Now we wear a little more casual. We do what is comfortable for us. We still won't wear jeans or shorts, even though people do. I just feel that takes away from the dining experience for us as well as other diners.

This is your vacation. Be comfortable! Or dress up! Whatever pleases YOU!

We had NO problems with the polo shirts. In fact, on the 2nd formal night he wore JEANS (by accident really as the khakis got a HUGE stain on them from a previous night) but we didn't get looks or talked to.

We have sailed Princess as well and they are a little more strict!

I hope this helps!

Forgot to add...

We have really enjoyed your BLOG on your trip and has gotten us even more excited for our trip coming up!

I appreciate you following along and for the nice comments! I LOVE This so much! I helps me remember each cruise!

I have written others on our previous cruises and ship! They are on my signature and can be found on the blog!

Thanks again!

We were on Vision in January. My husband wore a polo on formal night with no problem. We have been cruising for 26 years. Our first cruises we would wear formal dresses and tuxedos. Then cocktail dresses and sports jackets. Now we wear a little more casual. We do what is comfortable for us. We still won't wear jeans or shorts, even though people do. I just feel that takes away from the dining experience for us as well as other diners.

This is your vacation. Be comfortable! Or dress up! Whatever pleases YOU!

I totally agree with this! My husband is a teacher and used to work in a district that REQUIRED ties and even sports jackets every day so he HATED having to do that on vacation too so he started wearing polo shirts and khakis even on formal night. It began on a cruise when he "forgot" his formal garment bag but we were never told to go to the buffet.

I think if it is MY vacation I should be able to be comfortable. But I totally respect those who dress REALLY formal. I personally would LOVE to do this more often but again, if my hubby is FORCED to wear this 5/7 days of the week, I get why he does not want to on vacay!

NCL is GREAT about this philosophy bc there isn't even a FORMAL night and I see more and more the other lines getting a little more lenient in this area.

Never a dull day for us when in Cozumel. We chose to do an All-Inclusive but we DID NOT pre-book Sanchos or Nachi since leading up to it, the weather was supposed to be AWFUL. Yeah, I am not a rookie cruiser and not a rookie AT ALL in Cozumel, but I made a rookie mistake. There were nearly 20K people in Cozumel and yep, you guessed it... They were sold out. And even Playa Mia was sold out. Our taxi driver took us to Ocean VIP and I was a little nervous at first but HONESTLY, it turned out to be just what we needed. $65/ pp and drinks and made to order food, both of which were fabulous! It is private and perfect!

Let me know if you have any questions!

http://chrisandkelliedavis.blogspot.com/2018/07/liberty-royal-treatment-cozumel.html

Thanks again for following along!