Cozumel beaches without a day pass?

Gma&Gpa

We will be visiting Cozumel in Sept on our cruise. Can we go to a beach, by taxi, without a reservation? I'm reading about Mr. Sanchos or Nachi Com - but it seems like you have to go with a pass that you purchase ahead of time. Any thoughts? Would just like to find a nice beach, that has chairs, either umbrellas or trees, and a beach where we can get in and just enjoy the water.

Several locations will let you use their facilities for free. Playa Azul comes to mind ,a small resort with a tiki hut pool and restaurant . other than drinks and food it's free to the public.

83e08dac_z.jpg

No reservation necessary at many of the beach bars. The beaches in Mexico are free but you are expected to purchase food and/or drinks in order to use tables/chairs/loungers, bathrooms, pools etc.

Paradise Beach requires $3pp facility charge and has nice pool. palancar is further south and quieter, (we always just take table and chairs but I think there is a lounger rental fee). Alberto’s has no charge but may be too rustic for many! Other bars like Money Bar/Sky Reef have “sandy areas” but rocky entrances more suitable for shore snorkeling.

Playa Azul mentioned above, may work - it is at the north end away from most of the popular beach clubs and is a hotel resort but does take walk-ins for the day.

I've been to Cozumel several times on cruises. I always go to Chankanaab Park. I've pasted the link to their website below. They have an admission fee to get in. When there, you can snorkel, swim in a pool or on the beach, they have a nature path that has replicas of ruins, they have a couple bars, restaurant. The beach is huge and I have always find a thatched hut to relax under. Take a look. It may meet your needs...

http://www.cozumelparks.com/

For a cheap beach day where we can get in some decent snorkeling (we bring our own gear) we go to MoneyBar. Close to pier. Good food - cheap. We can get drinks and lunch for our family of 4 for way under $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums