Hotels near the Cruise Port in Fort Lauderdale

Hi,

Prior to cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale, I have stayed at the Hilton Marina, Embassy Suites, Pier Sixty-Six (when it was still operated by Hyatt), Ritz-Carlton (I was able to get a great off-season rate), Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel, and Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port Hotel. All of these hotels were fine. I stayed at the Renaissance most recently (February 2018). I recommend comparing the prices of these hotels for your particular date.

Chuck

These are all good hotels with Hyatt Place being our favorite. Their shuttle usually runs about every half hour to make a complete round trip. If your at airport and call its there in 10-15 min. We have stayed there 4 times in the last 3 years.

Has anyone stayed at the Crown Plaza airport - cruise port? If so how was it?

Thanks

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza airport/cruise port a couple weeks ago before getting on Allure. The room was clean and comfortable. A/C worked fine. The problem with this location is there is nowhere within walking distance to eat or drink. It does have a restaurant on site. There was a menu in the room and we thought the prices were high. We ubered to what turned out to be a dive. You can uber to the north about a mile and find more options to eat. (we should have done that). We took a shuttle to the port on Sunday morning and it was I think $8 or $9 per person. They try to sell you a return shuttle to the airport but we opted to take a cab from the port to the airport and it turned out to be about $15. There is an outdoor pool.

If there is anything else I left out, just let me know.

Dan

I've used a couple hotels in the area by the airport, but the hotel I like the most is the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina. It's by the port and if you get a room facing the port you can see all the ships there in the morning. Since I don't sleep well, I sometimes see them as they're coming into the channel.

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza airport/cruise port a couple weeks ago before getting on Allure. The room was clean and comfortable. A/C worked fine. The problem with this location is there is nowhere within walking distance to eat or drink. It does have a restaurant on site. There was a menu in the room and we thought the prices were high. We ubered to what turned out to be a dive. You can uber to the north about a mile and find more options to eat. (we should have done that). We took a shuttle to the port on Sunday morning and it was I think $8 or $9 per person. They try to sell you a return shuttle to the airport but we opted to take a cab from the port to the airport and it turned out to be about $15. There is an outdoor pool.

If there is anything else I left out, just let me know.

Dan

Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza is only a 5 minute walk from the Crowne Plaza. Food is great and service too. We have stayed there a number of times and it's a very nice hotel. A taxi to the port is your best bet as you can see the pier entrance from the hotel.

From the Crowne plaza Hotel Airport / Cruiseport is there a place to pick up a 12 pack of soda within walking distance from the hotel?

Bit of a walk, but you are not that far from Publix in the Harbor Shops off of 17th St.

Another vote for the Hilton Marina. We've stayed there a couple of times, it has a very nice breakfast setup, and ask for a water view room. It has a parking included package for up to seven days. The Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale/Downtown has a similar parking included package with a 10 minute shuttle ride to and from the port, is usually cheaper than the Hilton, and is a short walk to some nice restaurants on Las Olas.