Flight times?

Radioguyaz

For those that have recently flown out of San Juan, what time would be the earliest you would book a flight home after your cruise? Most of the flights look like they are later but I’m not sure I want to hang around San Juan for that long

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I always try for approx 11:00am but have easily done a 10:30am. Just get off the ship asap and remember once at SJU to go through the agriculture check first before checking in at your carrier. I have had a 1:30 flight once and that was waaaay too much time to sit at SJU.

This September there's been so many flight changes for me and I now have a 9:45am departure flight...so early :eek: but we know how to now get there as fast as we can...finger's crossed...no way do I want the much later flight options.

I am sailing In August and my flight homes leaves at 1:30pm. My group is using RCCL transfer back to the airport. Our ship is docking at 6am.

Not sure what size group you have...but have you considered using a taxi van instead. Ship transfer may not be necessary at all and will price out higher. For this 1:30pm flight ...they'll have you there so early and SJU isn't a favorite of mine to spend time in. Your choice of course.

I usually shoot for 10:00 am departure and roll the dice. I do self disembarkation and usually at the airport by 8:00 am at the latest. I am always aware that if there is a major issue clearing the ship or having mechanical issues getting in that I might need reschedule the flight and spend an extra day. I've gone out of San Juan on ten cruises and so far no problems.

We currently have a 4:30 pm flight time after our cruise in December. Is there somewhere to store our luggage at SJU so we can explore San Juan before the flight?

Of course there is always Barrachina's restaurant in Old San Juan that many use to store their luggage while they spend time before their flights.

As far as SJU they have no storage "lockers" but they used to offer a storage "area" where there is an attendant....Check out the airport website for current info on the storage area.