Anyone sailing on the Sun 7/27/18?

Mscar1984

The original cruise was Freeport and GSC. They changed it to Nassau and GSC.

I have always wanted to go to Freeport but have also heard it isn't a very safe place to walk around. Maybe you are better off skipping it. Of course most do not like Nassau either. Short cruises do not have the best itineraries as you probably know. They are for quick get aways, not meant for the itinerary.

I didn't mind the change to Nassau, although we will only get off the ship to visit a few shops then get back on board. I've never been to GSC, and while I'm a bit disappointed, I love sea days, so I'm grateful to get one! And the $100 OBC doesn't hurt. I do appreciate that they are doing upgrades to the island, and rather than diminish our experience, they've chosen to skip it. I hope to see it when they're all done!

If 18 year olds having a drink on a cruise bothers you, cruising may not be for you. Have you gotten off at any Caribbean ports?

Funny thing is, drinking at 18 was the norm for anyone much over 50 or so...the do as I say, not as I did attitude, has always bothered me...

And FWIW I’m 55.

Happy cruising..

Has anyone confirmed the $100 obc? It was in the email, but I was speaking to a rep on the phone today and they said they are not offering any compensation for the change. The shore excursions credit is pretty weak now that we only have 1 actual destination. Oh well, lesson learned.

If 18 year olds having a drink on a cruise bothers you, cruising may not be for you. Have you gotten off at any Caribbean ports?

Funny thing is, drinking at 18 was the norm for anyone much over 50 or so...the do as I say, not as I did attitude, has always bothered me...

And FWIW I’m 55.

Happy cruising..

Did I miss something? I don't see where anyone posted anything about drinking.