Extra charge (late) yet again.

cruiseluvva

Thanks for the update Tangoqueen.

But methinks she was telling fibs about it not happening often, since it is happening with monotonous regularity - and frequency - these days.

Glad you are sorted now though.

On both Cunard and P&O so something is amiss and has been going on too long and needs sorting.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi we have just returned from our first Cunard trip, we have just got our credit card statement and low and behold we have had a 2nd charge onto the account, $6.67, we were very careful on the last night/morning to make sure we didn't spend anything after midnight.

Just rang Cunard they are getting back to me within 5 working days to investigate the charge, I don't hold out much hope but have been onto my card company and started fraud proceedings with them.:(:(

Hi we have just returned from our first Cunard trip, we have just got our credit card statement and low and behold we have had a 2nd charge onto the account, $6.67, we were very careful on the last night/morning to make sure we didn't spend anything after midnight.

Just rang Cunard they are getting back to me within 5 working days to investigate the charge, I don't hold out much hope but have been onto my card company and started fraud proceedings with them.:(:(

I’m sure Cunard will refund, although I did lose out on the exchange rate so was refunded slightly less than I was charged. I contacted my credit card company who advised to try Cunard first and they would reclaim if necessary, needless to say Cunard refunded. I wouldn’t describe it as a fraud on Cunard behalf, but something is definitely amiss with their processes and systems.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’m sure Cunard will refund, although I did lose out on the exchange rate so was refunded slightly less than I was charged. I contacted my credit card company who advised to try Cunard first and they would reclaim if necessary, needless to say Cunard refunded. I wouldn’t describe it as a fraud on Cunard behalf, but something is definitely amiss with their processes and systems.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If it was a mistake it shouldnt keep on happening as long as it has been on both Cunard and P&O. You should only make a mistake once and then it should be rectified so it doesnt happen again.

It is happening by the sound of things with alarming regulatory it must either be fraud or gross incompetence, but just think QE has 2000 plus passengers, 2 passengers per logged credit card $6.67 (£5.35) per card, £5350 per trip, even if they only get 10% through the system £535 per trip or part trip say 40 trips per year £21,400 for doing nothing, good money

We have a second trip booked over new year and will find it very difficult to give Cunard authorization of my credit card, this has left a VERY bad taste in our mouths after a good 1st Cunard cruise.

It is happening by the sound of things with alarming regulatory it must either be fraud or gross incompetence, but just think QE has 2000 plus passengers, 2 passengers per logged credit card $6.67 (£5.35) per card, £5350 per trip, even if they only get 10% through the system £535 per trip or part trip say 40 trips per year £21,400 for doing nothing, good money

We have a second trip booked over new year and will find it very difficult to give Cunard authorization of my credit card, this has left a VERY bad taste in our mouths after a good 1st Cunard cruise.

Plus it is also happening as just as often on P&O so you can double the charges being taken.

I can't remember how many Cunard cruises I have been on but I have been a Diamond member for some time. In all that time I have only once had an extra charge appear on my credit card after getting home. Seeing I was travelling with someone who drank quite a bit, I accepted that he had probably used the mini bar on the last morning while I was in the shower.

As for losing out on exchange rates on the refund, I once challenged this. I had booked an excursion before embarking. There were two almost-identical excursions on the Personaliser; the only difference was that one specified no children. On arrival I found a note from the excursion team asking me to speak to them as they noticed that I had chosen the German-language tour and they wanted to be sure that was what I wanted. They could not understand how it happened because it should not have been possible to book that from the Personaliser. They said I would have to cancel that tour and book/pay for another one, and then receive a refund on my credit card. I politely pointed out that doing that would mean that I would incur bank charges and I could lose out because of currency fluctuations. That did not seem fair when the mistake was on their Personaliser. They promised to discuss this with Head Office. When my refund came, it was for an extra $10. It pays to be polite but informed.