Just off CB 7/21 a few thoughts

Eileen G

Had to laugh at this, darn tootin it’s a good thing! At least for us it is. We got off the CB July 7th, first on the CB, 9th on Princess. We loved all the fish for breakfast, especially the smoked salmon. I also really liked the daily steamed white fish. Tell you what, save the fish for me and I won’t eat any of the bacon or sausages.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm really glad you enjoyed the fish. There was quit a variety of different things for breakfast. The Food and beverage manager came to our meet and greet and said they were still testing different things in the Market Place. If people eat it they keep it otherwise they try something else. They had plenty of the basics and different fruit so I was happy.

Had to laugh at this, darn tootin it’s a good thing! At least for us it is. We got off the CB July 7th, first on the CB, 9th on Princess. We loved all the fish for breakfast, especially the smoked salmon. I also really liked the daily steamed white fish. Tell you what, save the fish for me and I won’t eat any of the bacon or sausages.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If we are ever on the same sailing we might have to arm wrestle or something for that fish. I love fish, smoked salmon et al, while the DW is a meat lover. Whether it is in the MDR (they serve smoked salmon for breakfast) or the HC, I go for the fish. Last night in the MDR they have mussels and I order two orders of them. Love those mollusks.

Thank you for your upbeat review. What type of cabin did you have, and was the room in good condition?

We had a balcony on Aloha deck near the rear elevators. I thought the cabin was in good condition but I'm not into modern decor so I don't find cabins 'dated'. As long as the cabin is clean, the bed comfortable and the air cool I'm happy. And yes the air was cool.

I don't know what was going on with the Caribbean Princess in April this year, for some reason or another PERHAPS? Princess Cruises were having a hard time filling this ship on this particular sailing because we managed to snag a last-minute cabin, granted it was an inside for well under $25 per person per day. That included port charges, taxes & fees. It was a 10-day Eastern Caribbean itinerary and we had a great time on the ship

Princess and other cruise lines are experiencing a lack of demand for ports that had severe damage from hurricanes last year. Although all of those ports are now open of cruise ships, some of the islands still have not repaired all of the tourist infrastructure and touring sites.