Boarding Time in Rome (Civitavecchia)

gullgeorge

I am boarding on August 11th and the latest email states that boarding times will start at 1pm. Great to hear that it may be earlier!

Princess always says that boarding will start at 1 PM in an effort to keep everyone from showing up earlier. Experienced Princess cruisers know that the 1 PM starting time is fiction.

Or it could be at 8:00pm at night, like it was in 2004 when the old Royal Princess came out of dry dock. I’m laughing over a funny old memory, but it wasn’t that funny at the time (anyone around here from that sailing (Katisdale?).

Not trying to hyjack thread, but it was “something”. Princess would not tell us much more then, the ship was going to be a “little late”, lol. They shuttled everyone to town and encouraged us to take tours. We filled up the few hotel lobbies, things were ok until the free food and wine ran out. I can remember sitting on the floor in a hotel lobby and seeing the ship slowly sailing in, then the crush to get on the ship. I can only imagine the same scenerario with a Grand Class ship.

Happy sailing everybody!