Cabin Change on Getaway

jg25

hi everybody,

I have had a good look around and can't see a suitable thread to ask a question regarding a cabin change.

I hope somebody with more cruise experience than I might be able to offer advice.

I am based in Ireland and will be in a group of 22 on the Getaway this October. I am sort of the unofficial trip organiser.

My concern is this:

Both my parents and a friend have changed their cabins from an inside to a balcony cabin. On making the change neither were advised that the alcoholic beverage package wouldn't carry over. On 1 room booking it did but not on my parents. My parents, a little perplexed, agreed to pay an additional €235 yesterday to have it attached to their room. I feel it was unreasonable that this wasn't mentioned to them at. The time of making the cabin change a few months ago.

Additionally, my parents 2nd 'add-on' is a bottle of water per day for their cabin!!! They never requested this and were never told they were getting that.

My friend, although making the same type cabin change, was given 250 minutes internet package. They don't want it and never asked for it, neither were they advised this would be their 2nd add on. This doesn't seem fair on NCL part and they are stubbornly sticking to the party line that it is not possible in either case to swap with any other add on. The confusion seems to stem from the fact that we booked prior to NCL rollout of Premium All-Inclusive. So when the cabin change was done that was the selling method in place here in Europe.

Is there anything I can don this matter? I do apologise for the long winded nature of this post.

Any advice appreciated.

John.

Edited by Johngriffin25
left a

Depends on who you booked through. If you booked directly with NCL, call and ask for a manager. If you booked through a travel agent, call them also and try to get them to make the changes. Keep asking for the next level of management until you get this resolved to your liking.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

Thank you very much for that.

I booked directly with NCL.

I'm far from satisfied as NCL never specified that anything that has happened would happen due to the cabin change.

Il keep arguing the toss, see where it gets me. Thanks again.

John.

Did some book through the UK ?? In the UK the beverage package is already included in the booking.... I think you should call NCL in Ireland or where ever you booked and speak to a higher level representative. I think this should be ironed out before you sail.

Sounds like you were dealing with an idiot. All Inclusive was rolled out a lot longer ago than that (April 2017!) and you should have got all the elements of it with the upgrade. Ring back and see if you get someone more clued up - if not, ask for a manager.

For proof that Ireland had all inclusive long before your upgrade, see here - https://www.ittn.ie/news/norwegian-cruise-line/

Thanks so much for your feedback folks.

We actually booked this 20 months out, so in February 2017, before Premium All Inclusive came onstream.

I am definitely goin to fight my corner on this matter.

Surely during a cabin change phonecall youd b advised of these matters.

You should be, yes. I suppose it then comes down to whether the upgrade was considered a cancellation and new booking, or a straightforward upgrade. If you are still outside full payment, and the cruise price hasn't changed drastically, you could consider cancelling and rebooking to get all the benefits of premium all inclusive - although you'd need to calculate that out to see if it was worth it.

Also for info - I have successfully asked them to change the automatically allocated free perk before now. It would have to be to one of the offers available at the time of booking, but the drinks package has been an option for quite a long time from memory.

Again thank you for your thoughts.

They originall had the drinks package, it didnt carry over during cabin change. They were never advised of this. Paid €235 extra the other day to have it added.

A litre bottle of water per day was the 2nd 'pwrk' that was added to their booking without them knowing.

They are in a balcony cabin now like myself.

But whereas my 2nd package included is $200 onboard spend they have water!

Depends on who you booked through. If you booked directly with NCL, call and ask for a manager. If you booked through a travel agent, call them also and try to get them to make the changes. Keep asking for the next level of management until you get this resolved to your liking.

LOL so act like a spoiled little kid kicking and screaming until you get your way? The exact type of client that CS staff hate and usually are the cause of silly rules that ruin things for everyone. Sometimes that answer is no and thats all there is to it. :rolleyes:

Nobody said anything about kicking and screaming or being short or rude. However, upper management has the authority to make changes that front line staffing does not, especially since the original poster was not notified he was going to lose perks. You must get stepped on a lot in real life.