Question regarding school holidays for Australian & NZ children

cece50

We have booked the Muse for early December ending around Dec 20 & will be returning to US directly for our Christmas. I was wondering if that cruise coincides with Australian school holidays.

Yes. They break up in early Dec and go back end Jan. I have Australian grandchildren.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank You for that info. Likely to see a few little ones? We have cruised only with Seabourn & not during school holidays....so no point of reference. I understand children are welcome on Silversea.....not a deal breaker for us, just wondering.

Public schools break up for 6 weeks from - QLD on 14/12, NSW on 19/12 and VIC on 22/12. Private schools break up two weeks before those dates usually. ( those dates are 2018)

Hope you have booked your return flights as that week is one of the busiest of the year !! ; )

Public schools break up for 6 weeks from - QLD on 14/12, NSW on 19/12 and VIC on 22/12. Private schools break up two weeks before those dates usually. ( those dates are 2018)

Hope you have booked your return flights as that week is one of the busiest of the year !! ; )

Thanks so very much, in addition....my TA just sent me this: http://www.calendar-australia.com/school-calendars/2019/

We are sailing next December 2019....so we can't even book our flights yet. In any case, I think there will be no children since we set sail Dec 6, 2019. Love those little people, have 6 GC of my own.....I fear a Disney Cruise is in my future:eek:

December 20th 2019 from Sydney will be the busiest day for flights out of Sydney as the NSW schools break up the day before and parents can start their annual leave from Saturday as well.So best to book flights as soon as they are released.It means too For Qantas there will be no sale fares that day.Some of the other airlines may do so however but usually not that far out.

Qantas releases the seats 363 days out,most US airlines 330 days out,Cathay 360,Singapore and BA 350 days out.

The best is if your TA will book seats but call for payment a month or two out so you could switch to a sale fare if one does appear.Our TA can do this but Australia is different to the US.Some airlines such as BA wont allow this as well.

December 20th 2019 from Sydney will be the busiest day for flights out of Sydney as the NSW schools break up the day before and parents can start their annual leave from Saturday as well.So best to book flights as soon as they are released.It means too For Qantas there will be no sale fares that day.Some of the other airlines may do so however but usually not that far out.

Qantas releases the seats 363 days out,most US airlines 330 days out,Cathay 360,Singapore and BA 350 days out.

The best is if your TA will book seats but call for payment a month or two out so you could switch to a sale fare if one does appear.Our TA can do this but Australia is different to the US.Some airlines such as BA wont allow this as well.

Thanks Drron.....for all that info.....very helpful. We will be weighing all our options & will be on top of the release dates for flights. We will be flying back from Auckland to US after the cruise and do realize it will be a very busy time. Most likely stopping on West Coast of US, as our son & family live there.......to spend Christmas. Surprisingly, we have had some success with reward miles from American Express even around the busiest holidays.....we shall give it a try.....but never count on it.