Can you get off the ship in San Juan once you boarded but not yet sailed?

CACruiseLady

Can you do this in all ports or just San Juan? We are on the Dream out of New Orleans

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is not practical for sailings from New Orleans as the ship sails around 4 PM. San Juan has a departure time of somewhere between 8-10 PM, which makes sense.

It is not practical for sailings from New Orleans as the ship sails around 4 PM. San Juan has a departure time of somewhere between 8-10 PM, which makes sense.

It may not make sense, but that is what my DW may want to do if it’s possible...so once again, the question is can you do this in NOLA

It may not make sense, but that is what my DW may want to do if it’s possible...so once again, the question is can you do this in NOLA

You need to be back on by 2:45ish at the latest. you'll end up waiting to Embark, getting on the ship, then get right back off again, having like a half hour to wonder around the terminal area and then have to get right back onto the ship....

Just get up early and hit NO and take a late embarkation time, would be my advice.

You can, but I wouldn't suggest it. You aren't really close enough to much to make it worth it. I would only say doing it if you have the earliest check in time and you have FTTF because you will be able to access your room right away rather than waiting til 1:30. Because the ship leaves at 4, by the time you stash your stuff and get off you would just be turning around and getting right back on anyway. I think you have to be back on by 3 because you have to be present for Muster drill before the ship sails away at 4. And the closest part of the city for touristy stuff is a bit of a walk.

Just want to be clear.... you brought wine with you at checkin, got back off and bought more wine... then were able to bring that to your cabin, too?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Yes. We actually debarked twice while in San Juan. We brought on 2 bottles of wine at initial embarkation and then 2 more bottles the next time. We could have brought more on the last time but 4 bottles were more than enough for us. We brought on 8 cans of soda each time. The wine was in my husband’s backpack. No one even opened the backpack to check the wine. I don’t know if this is the normal procedure in San Juan, just our experience.