Video of American tourist attacked in Barcelona 8/3

I found this video and article very scary as my next two cruises are out of Barcelona and it’s a city I visit often and always go to Plaça Catalunya where this happened. Also, last cruise we did out of there a few people on our roll call had already been pickpocketed before we even left!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6023211/Shocking-moment-street-traders-WHIP-American-tourist-belt.html

Shocking moment street traders WHIP an American tourist with a belt ‘when he tries to stop them hurling insults at a woman pushing a pram’ in Barcelona

The tourist was set upon by the group of street traders in the Plaça de Catalunya

Woman was insulted because she complained there was no space to pass sellers

Violent brawl broke out and one of the traders whipped the tourist with his belt

No arrests have been made. Police want to speak to the tourist about the attack

Shocking footage shows an American tourist being whipped by street traders in Barcelona during a violent brawl.

The man was reportedly set upon by the thugs in the Plaça de Catalunya after he intervened to stop them throwing insults at a woman pushing a pram.

Video filmed by a startled onlooker shows the group of men punching the unnamed victim, who is reportedly aged 45.

One of the attackers, wearing a white t-shirt and light brown shorts, then runs at the tourist and repeatedly whips him with his belt.

He was said to be left with bleeding wounds after the attack and treated in hospital.

The clip ends with the victim running out of shot and horrified passersby rushing to break up the fight.

The woman with the pram had reportedly complained that the street traders had not left her enough space to cross the road.

There have been no arrests. Police are reportedly trying to speak to the American tourist about the attack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Barcelona is my port today [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don’t worry. First off these vendors are not out to attack Americans. They come from places with its own rule book. It was wrong of course to verbally abuse the woman but sometimes it’s best just to MYOB when in foreign soil. These vendors were in every port we visited in the Med. Just keep walking and say no thank you. The stuff they sell is junk anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums