Tendering on NCL Star!

MrsBear52

Can anyone who has been on the Star recently from Venice advise on which ports are tendered? We are due to go on 30 September. Also, I have mobility issues (walk with a cane due to bad knees) and would be grateful to know how many steps I will need to walk down to get to the tender and how easy it is to get into the lifeboat or similar. I can do stairs as long as I know how many there are and can take my time:) All info greatly appreciated!

Hi. Our ports are Kotor, Santorini, Mykonos, Corfu and Dubrovnik. Our TA asked NCL who advised that only 2 ports would require a tender but we’ve heard there may be more. What would be helpful to know is how many steps there are going down to the tender. Thanks.:)

Hi. Our ports are Kotor, Santorini, Mykonos, Corfu and Dubrovnik. Our TA asked NCL who advised that only 2 ports would require a tender but we’ve heard there may be more. What would be helpful to know is how many steps there are going down to the tender. Thanks.:)

Santorini is a definite tender port.

Santorini, Dubrovnik and (I believe) Kotor are possible tender ports, although I’ve been to them all and have always docked.

I’m not sure about Corfu. We docked there as well, and I don’t recall any mention of tendering there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all!

On the June 10 Star cruise we only tendered at Santorini. There was the possibility we'd have to tender at Mykonos but luckily that didn't happen. We had a nice close berth in Kotor but at Mykonos you have to take a free shuttle bus out of the port area then it's quite a walk to the town.

This was an amazing cruise, the places are so beautiful but were really HOT.

~ Jo ~:)

Hi all!

On the June 10 Star cruise we only tendered at Santorini. There was the possibility we'd have to tender at Mykonos but luckily that didn't happen. We had a nice close berth in Kotor but at Mykonos you have to take a free shuttle bus out of the port area then it's quite a walk to the town.

This was an amazing cruise, the places are so beautiful but were really HOT.

~ Jo ~:)

Hi Jo,

How was the tender process at Santorini? Was it ticketed? How long after the Star anchored did you actually get onto the island? I am taking the Oct 28th Star cruise and it is stopping off in Santorini.

Thanks!:):)

Hi Jo,

How was the tender process at Santorini? Was it ticketed? How long after the Star anchored did you actually get onto the island? I am taking the Oct 28th Star cruise and it is stopping off in Santorini.

Thanks!:):)

I'm sorry, I don't know as I didn't get off the ship there. I had been before & had a great tour so that plus the fact there were so many ships there made me decide to take a sea day.

Sent from my UMI TOUCH X using Forums mobile app

Can anyone who has been on the Star recently from Venice advise on which ports are tendered? We are due to go on 30 September. Also, I have mobility issues (walk with a cane due to bad knees) and would be grateful to know how many steps I will need to walk down to get to the tender and how easy it is to get into the lifeboat or similar. I can do stairs as long as I know how many there are and can take my time:) All info greatly appreciated!

Mrs. Bear,

Come join our Roll Call for your cruise!

Thanks,

Jan aka Racingraysswimmom

Definitely tender in Santorini. You might tender at Kotor, Dubrovnick, and Mykonos, though you will probably dock at Dubrovnick, and Mykonos.