Pre purchasing drink packages; when is payment due?

P881

Got a cruise coming up in December and wanted to buy the drink package before hand. Right now the cost is $48/day or almost $800 for the cabin total. I know if a better deal comes along I can cancel and re-buy at the cheaper price but how does that work? Am I charged immediately for the packages now and just get refunded/re-charged if I buy it cheaper later or is the cost just added to the final invoice at the end of the cruise?

Got a cruise coming up in December and wanted to buy the drink package before hand. Right now the cost is $48/day or almost $800 for the cabin total. I know if a better deal comes along I can cancel and re-buy at the cheaper price but how does that work? Am I charged immediately for the packages now and just get refunded/re-charged if I buy it cheaper later or is the cost just added to the final invoice at the end of the cruise?

You pay in full when you purchase it. If you find a cheaper price later you have to cancel your already purchased package and then repurchase it at the lower price. The first package will be refunded to your credit card in 5-10 days.

We are thinking of getting the drink pkg. also, & someone told me to wait till Labor Day as they may put it on sale at again like they did for 4th. of July at $42. ! We sail in Oct. so I'm waiting till Labor Day to ck. it out, you may want to do the same! Just a suggestion. :D

We are thinking of getting the drink pkg. also, & someone told me to wait till Labor Day as they may put it on sale at again like they did for 4th. of July at $42. ! We sail in Oct. so I'm waiting till Labor Day to ck. it out, you may want to do the same! Just a suggestion. :D

As has been noted, you can cancel the package at any time if the price goes down so why gamble on there being a Labor Day sale.

I'm going to just buy it now and re-purchase later if a better price comes along. I'm pretty compulsive about checking for deals and am hoping it drops to around $42 at some point like I've seen others say they've gotten it at.