Garment bag carryon Q?

I know there is an airline section but putting this out wherever it may get an answer.

We want to use a garment bag as a carryon for out tuxes. Delta told me yes but I was unsure if the "outsourced" customer service rally understood the question. Has anyone done this lately?

We would dearly appreciate your input on this much as our other queries on CC have always been met with very sage and applicable advice.

Yes, you can carry it on. But beware. You will have to put it in the overhead compartment and fold it over. And, unless you are lucky, it will probably get moved, pushed, squished, etc. to make room for someone's rolling bag.

Get a Wally Bag or something similar which is meant to be folded over. Fold it so that the buttons of the suit are on the outside. Keeps the suit from getting creased. I carry my tux this way. Have been to Europe, California, etc.

Get a Wally Bag or something similar which is meant to be folded over. Fold it so that the buttons of the suit are on the outside. Keeps the suit from getting creased. I carry my tux this way. Have been to Europe, California, etc. But most legacy airlines still have closets where you can hang it.

Get a Wally Bag or something similar which is meant to be folded over. Fold it so that the buttons of the suit are on the outside. Keeps the suit from getting creased. I carry my tux this way. Have been to Europe, California, etc. But most legacy airlines still have closets where you can hang it.

Great idea about which direction to pack it!

I don't know what a "legacy" airline is, but I am assuming it means an "old timer." When we have flown on USAir and Delta, they wouldn't let us people in coach hang anything in their closet. :(

We're flying Northwest to Seattle and I got an e-mail confirmation that they would allow us to hang a garment in their closet. However I didn't want to take any chances so I too bought a Wally garment bag that folds over if necessary.

Archived