My Escape to Bermudiful Bermuda – July 2018 – Solo Cruising with a Group

CazV

We are thinking of taking the walk from Horseshoe to Warwick. We've been to both in the past and love them, but never walked between the two. So did you leave your towels and things behind at Horseshoe? Also, is it an easy walk done barefoot or would we need our sandals? Lastly, about how long is it (time wise)? Thanks for all your help!

The walk between the two lets you see all the tiny coves and it was a great way to get some leisurely exercise. :)

The time it takes is totally dependent on how many stops you take along the way. It's not a long walk at all. I took my time and stopped several times to absorb and enjoy the little coves. I think I probably took about an hour each way.

I had my bag with all my stuff with me... including a large thermal bottle of water which was much needed. I wore walking sandals and would not have liked to have done the walk barefoot.

Beautiful pictures!! DH nixed our Bermuda in Aug cruise so I am viewing your pictures with regret. Well, maybe next year!

Thank you and that's a shame about your August cruise... hope you get to go next year. :)

Embarkation

One of the reasons I booked the Ink48 was its proximity to the port. I had initially thought I may wish to rush on embarkation day to try for a Vibe pass, but I changed my mind about this and ended up deciding to do the opposite and had a relaxing start to my day. I repacked my luggage, ate breakfast and then walked the 2 minute walk to the port at around 11.30am.

Hi! We are staying at Ink48 before our Escape cruise in November, so I was thrilled to read your positive review!

You had no problems with the walk to the port? Were you towing a full-sized suitcase? The weather in November could be iffy, so I had planned to take a cab, but maybe we'll just walk. :)

Hi! We are staying at Ink48 before our Escape cruise in November, so I was thrilled to read your positive review!

You had no problems with the walk to the port? Were you towing a full-sized suitcase? The weather in November could be iffy, so I had planned to take a cab, but maybe we'll just walk. :)

It is an easy walk and yes I had a large suitcase. I guess if the weather was really bad it may be worth getting a cab... probably take longer to get there though lol

The hotel is really lovely and the staff are super friendly and helpful. :)

I don't expect them to change everything to suit those of us who have different preferences. I understand they have other jobs to do and you can never please everyone. I just wish they would be a bit more accomodating to facilitating making other arrangements... a space on the whiteboard to put a note up saying you're looking for company to go to a show for example.

It's great that they have the studios and the lounge and the meetups... I just think it could be better. I've learned to not rely on them, but I will still go along and hope I get one of those great solo hosts I've read about ;)

Totally agree. I guess it depends on the host too, on some of my previous epic solos there was such space on the board for people to leave messages, other cruises not so much. I would usually befriend a couple of folks during the cruise and dine or show with them on days where I wanted that. I found the experience on transatlantics much better but I guess the larger number of sea days possibly helps with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is an easy walk and yes I had a large suitcase. I guess if the weather was really bad it may be worth getting a cab... probably take longer to get there though lol

The hotel is really lovely and the staff are super friendly and helpful. :)

Thank you!

Google maps shows quite a circuitous route, and an 11 minute walk. Is there a shortcut?

(I'm an obsessive planner.:D)

I found the experience on transatlantics much better but I guess the larger number of sea days possibly helps with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know as I'm thinking about a TA :cool:

Thank you!

Google maps shows quite a circuitous route, and an 11 minute walk. Is there a shortcut?

(I'm an obsessive planner.:D)

haha yep I did the Google maps thing too. :')

... edited as I realised I was talking about something else... so if you saw my first response ignore it! lol

It's almost a straight walk to the port... let me do a screengrab and post it for you.

Ok, so you come out of Ink48 on 11th Avenue... Turn left then turn left again onto 48th. Then walk straight along to 12th and cross the road and you're there. Map says 4 mins and that's about right 2afd6c4fbc1f168ec460a1bd8293cd6f.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

haha yep I did the Google maps thing too. :')

My finding was that in reality there are several paths. I kept to the one closest to the sea. I had read that the walk could be done in about 15 minutes if you didn't bother to stop, but that would be a bit pointless really as the reason for me for doing the walk was to see the fantastic scenery.

Thank you! We'll let the weather decide. :D

Ok, so you come out of Ink48 on 11th Avenue... Turn left then turn left again onto 48th. Then walk straight along to 12th and cross the road and you're there. Map says 4 mins and that's about right 2afd6c4fbc1f168ec460a1bd8293cd6f.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

There's the problem! I was using Pier 90, instead of 88. Now it looks much more manageable. (y)

Thanks so much for your fantastic review! I will be solo on the Escape for my very first cruise September 30! I can’t wait!
Thanks for reading... Have a great time [emoji4]

Sent using Tapatalk

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I really enjoyed reading your vacation summary and your pictures are beautiful.
Thank you [emoji4]

Thanks for reading.

Sent using Tapatalk