Paradise Beach Review

keysjohnson

Travelitis...Well if they are novices, maybe starting off here at PB might be better, as it is easier to enter the water at a natural sloping beach, than off a rocky shore. If your kids are pretty confident, good swimmers, then I think Dzul-ha wouldn't be a problem.

The virgin Pina Coladas are yummy too. Lately I've been pigging out on the shrimp ceviche, chicken wraps, and burritos. Not all at once of course!!!....well...there was that one time icon_redface.gif but it was my birthday icon_biggrin.gif!! See you soon, guys!

nauticaz24...we don't offer an "all you can drink" program, but our prices are in line with all the other beach clubs. We know this 'cause we sto...err..borrowed their menus to check out their prices before making ours!

Parasailing, jet-skiing, banana boats are available just steps away at the neighbouring beach. They charge $55USD for a parasail ride, $55 for 30 min on a jet ski, and $10 each for banana boat rides. See ya soon!

richardleyser...thanx for posting, glad you all had a great time, and hope to see you again soon!

And you are right about the cabs, they don't have change in hopes you'll tell them to keep the change!

DonnaD...Totally doable!! We're only about 3 miles apart, so you have plenty of time to visit both. Hasta la vista!

cruisinqt..Yes, there is a large, sandy beach area with comfy lounge chairs and umbrellas for you and the girls. We have hammocks as well, if you prefer.

The water trampoline is like a regular large backyard trampoline, except it floats! We also have free snorkel equipment, free floaty mats, free lounge chairs and umbrellas, and free entry! All we ask is that you eat and/or drink heavily so we can pay the rent icon_wink.gif! Hope to see you soon!

MTV43...thanx for the reply, I've been a little remiss lately, distracted by the NHL, NBA playoffs and something else...oh, yeah... THE RAGING FLOODWATERS SWEEPING AWAY MY HOUSE!!! OK, it didn't sweep away my house, but I got 2 feet of muddy water in it!!

Tom at

Paradise Beach

This is for Tom, is there a charge to go to the Dzul-Ha beach to go snorkeling? We are planning on visiting PB in July, but would like to do the snorkeling that you recommended at Dzul-Ha. Do we just take a taxi from the pier to Dzul-Ha and then another taxi to PB? After all the great comments about PB we are looking forward to visiting it in July.

Thanks

Tom

We are visiting in August with the Paradise. There will be 6 of us, 5 adults and our 11 year old son. We plan to visit and spend the day with you. Our time on the island is odd though, 1icon_redface.gifo till 11:00. We plan on renting a car. What is to do after 6:00? Our car is due back around 7:00. How late are you open? How far are you from the cruise shop terminal?

Thanks for you help,

dbd

Ready to cruise in Georgia

Melfire...No charge, but they do expect you to drop a little bit of cash there, either renting equipment or a locker, or ordering a drink. Yes, that taxi plan is exactly what you should do. If there are no taxis readily available at Dzul-Ha, just ask the staff to call you one...have a great time, and see you in July!

dbd...you are quite right, 1 icon_redface.gifo till 11:00 is quite an odd time. Especially the 1 icon_redface.gifo part. Couldn't find it on my watch face anywhere icon_biggrin.gif

PB is about 6 miles south of your cruise ship pier. We are open till about 5pm. After 6pm, I'd suggest a round of mini-golf! There's a great course in town that is not your typical windmill/clowns mouth-type mini-put. It's quite challenging and is in a beautiful, lush, tropical setting. Ask anyone for directions to the Golfito (gol-fee-to), you'll have a great time. Adios!

Tom at

Paradise Beach

Hey, Tom, as I said in another thread, was great meeting you last month. FYI for all re: golf. Got a cab easy enough from PB, but driver didn't know "golfito". Was dropped off in San Miguel; no problem, but then weren't quite sure what direction to go. Asked policeman; he didn't know where "golfito" was either. Anyway, we strolled, eventually found it and had a wonderful time. p.s. sorry to hear bout your house; when we were there you were discussing your plans to sell, buy something else. is that on the backburner now? good luck!

Celebrity Century...5/22/04

Sorry I missed that thread! The past month has been a little hectic! "Golfito" is the term that locals use for the mini-golf, but I guess not all of them know it exists! Glad ya found it though.

No, we are still selling and there's a couple from Chicago who's looked at it, and love it! They are getting their financing together and coming back in August to make us an offer icon_smile.gif We've bought some land, and as soon as we sell the house, we'll start building. Thanx for asking, and hope to see you all again someday!

Tom at

Paradise Beach

• 2 weeks later...

Tom, We will be visiting you on Sept. 1, we are a group of wild Texans (8) Of us...we are looking so forward to having a good time on Cozumel, your place sounds great. I was wondering what the weather is like at that time? Also do you have suggestions of a snorkeling tour that is good with enough time to kick back on your beach.

Linda

It'll be hot and humid, but since y'all are from Texas, that shouldn't be a problem!! Sept. and Oct. are also considered the "rainy season" so showers are always a possibility. Having said that though, I'll speak to Chac (the rain God) and some other Mayan Gods today at our weekly mini-golf game, and ask for sunshine on Sept. 1st. Of course, this means I'll have to lose on purpose :)!

The best snorkeling tour would be one that goes to either Columbia and/or Palancar reef. A lot of tours leave shortly after arrival, so that'll leave time for visiting us...see ya soon!

Okay Tom, while you are speaking to Chac, make sure you ask him for sunshine on Oct. 6. This is when WE will be visiting. We are planning on visiting PB and having a great time. We are going to bring some "school supplies" for the kids, since, you claim to be stocked up on Mini-Raviolis and Chunky soup. Let us know of anything else needed. I don't think that we will be able to get that flat screen TV for ya -- sorry, maybe next time!

Have a great summer! See ya in October.

Paige Hughes

I'll be making my first (of many I hope) trip to Cozumel the last week of November/first week of December. I'm bringing my sister (21) and daughter (16). What is the weather like during that time of the year & will they enjoy Paradise Beach? I'm sold on Paradise Beach just from reading how good a time everyone else has had.

Thanks Tom,

Hope you didnt loose your mini golf game, but I hope they were listening...I would really hate it to be raining when were there, hopefully we will luck out.

Thank you for the info!!! And see you soon.....

Keep talking to those "Gods"

Linda

cruzintexas...Oct 6th, ok, duly noted though it seems like I'm gonna have to start losing a bunch of mini-golf games to get your requests in:)!!

Thanx for thimking about the kids...I'll post Sally's earlier post so more people will know what we're talking about......

The Cozumel Chrysalis Groups supports children from less fortunate families by providing school uniforms, shoes and school supplies. For high school students, inscription fees and book fees are also paid. Chrysalis helped 186 students in the 2003-2004 school year that is just ending. The list for next year was just finalized yesterday and includes 276 students. Some of these students will move off the island over the summer, some will not pass the test to get into high school, so we anticipate a final number close to 250.

Gently used backpacks are fine, broken zippers and fraying edges are not. We want these kids to look like any other student at their school. Chrysalis collects cash donations and school supplies from island visitors all year long. The current NEED LIST includes glue sticks, scientific calculators, ink erasers and backpacks. Also, some schools are requiring blank computer diskettes. Other items can be purchased here if we still need them. Please no more pencils! We have a billion!

Thank you so much in advance for you generous donations!

Sally Hurwitch

Cozumel Chrysalis Group

Thanx again, see you in October!

cruisinmomof2...weather is usually pretty good and I will guarantee a good time for y'all! Come find me to say "HI"!

Cinderelli...cherry twizzlers from Cherry Hill? The Mayan Gods will be pleased:)!!! See ya then!

Liinndda...I got Chac soooo drunk on mini-golf sangria, that he agreed on your date and a bunch of others. I didn't let him win thouigh...I'm still P.O.'d about him flooding my house:(!!

We were on the Glory 2 weeks ago and visited PB on our day in Cozumel. Turned into the best day of the trip.

Tom - your facility is fantastic. I've been reading about it on this board for several weeks now and figured I had to see what all the fuss is about. Needless to say , everyone was right. We arrived at 1000 , got a couple of chairs right on the water , and spent four of the most relaxing hours of our whole trip right there. The staff was great !!! Very attentive and always there when you needed them. Facilites were clean. The toys to play with , such as floating mats and kayaks were plentiful. Never had to wait for anything.

All in all a great day for the cost of the $12.00 cab ride

Does anyone have a comment on how "bumpy" the taxi rides are to PB? We would like to go there in 3 weeks, but DH just had back surgery on 6/28 and we're afraid the ride there would be too bumpy and could cause him to have problems. Any comments?

Tom:
We will be in Cozumel in 2 weeks and were interested in going snorkeling, but also want to go to PB...problem is, none of us are exactly experienced snorkelers, is there anyone at PB who gives a few "beginner" tips? or do we need to go on an organized snorkeling tour?

Fearless--I'm sure Tom can answer the question better than I can, but we've driven all over Cozumel on the main roads both in a car and on mopeds, and I can't remember it being bumpy. (I'm usually pretty aware of it because my neck seems to feel the bumps). Don't know about the road right into the beach...but it probably isn't very long. I'd hate to miss PB--anyone else with input??

We just returned from a fabulous day at Paradise Beach thanks to this board! It was all as advertised! Plenty of chairs, umbrellas, kayaks, water trampoline, climbing iceberg, snorkle gear all free! The food and beverages were great! I highly recommend it!

I had heard that the taxi rides were sometimes fast and furious in Cozumel (kind of like NY City). DH is cleared for the cruise, but has to be careful with any sudden jerking movements or bumpy rides.

Tom, do you have any idea how "comfortable" the taxi ride to PB would be? :)

Rock712...well, I'm glad we lived up to all the hype! Thanx for taking the time to post such a positive review, and hope to see you all again soon...adios!

fearless...TexEm is right, the highway is pretty smooth, and our driveway isn't too bad either. The main problem you'll have is the cab driver. When you get in line for a cab, there will be a supervisor directing traffic. Speak to him and make sure he gets the message that you want your cab to go the speed limit and NO PASSING other cars! The idea is to get you, him, and the cab driver together, so the cabby knows you're serious! Good Luck and see ya soon!

Crazy2bBlonde... come find me when you get to the beach (I usually get there around noon, after my Pier duties) and I'll show you what to do. I used to work on a snorkel boat so I've given 1000's of snorkel speeches! What date and ship are you coming on? Let me know...hasta pronto!

Ellya...ahhhh! Another satisifed customer...never get tired of reading great reviews! Happy you had a great day, and thanx for posting!

kely53...January is beautiful, rarely any rain, daytime highs in the low-mid 80's! It is winter though, so sometimes we'll get cold fronts from the Great White North :( Hopefully not on your cruise though...have a great vacation!

charyoung...$12 here and $12 back from Purta Maya or the International Pier. $13 from Punta Langosta, downtown.
The cab drivers DO have a 2 for 1 Happy Hour, where they go TWICE as fast as usual, for the same price!!! Just kidding! (It's impossible for their cars to go twice as fast as their "normal" cruising speed of 70 MPH!)

Hey, Tom, thanks for the advice on communicating with the cabbies. I'll share this info with DH, and hopefully we'll get to visit your beautiful PB on the afternoon of the 26th of this month when the Triumph docks in Cozumel. :)

Archived