Paradise Beach Review

keysjohnson

CRUISINQT

The beach at Paradise Beach will give your faimily all that it wants. A snorkeling area for your husband (Snorkel gear free.. just a $20.00 deposit which will be refunded when snorkel gear is returned) Absolutely fabulous beach area for your girls and lots of area for your sun soaking. All mats umbrellas lounge chairs are FREE. Even entrance to the beach area is free. The only thing that Paradise Beach Tom asks is that you buy their beverages and food there. The food was fabulous. We were a party of 12 (7 adults (over 18) & 5 under 18) ranging in age from 6-45. We all had a fantastic time. And yes there is a water trampoline and also an iceberg that you can climb and jump off of. Paradise Beach is the place. Right next door, and I mean right next door, you can rent banana boats (I heard for $10.00 a person); You can also arrange for Parasailing as well, but I'm alsmost positive that you can get that as well from Paradise Beach (the only thing that isn't free). I highly recommend Paradise Beach. Its a very short taxi ride from the pier. Lock in the price for the taxi ride beforehand with the driver and the people who hail the cabs. There tends to be a differnce of opinion once you get in the cab but it's only a couple of dollars different. I would still lock in the price though.

We were on the Carnival Paradise and we were there on Friday July 2nd.

HAVE FUN!! we definitely did and we would definitely go back.

Bring Tom some fresh milk from your ship, espcecially the chocolate milk.

Joe Mc Carry

Tom (or anyone who knows!),

Are credit cards accepted at PB for food, drinks, and deposits or will we need to bring cash?

Do you have locker rentals?

We won't be there until March 31st and I am already so excited. We had planned to do the dolphin swim, but my teenagers decided the beach sounded like more fun.

The family and I are just back from a wonderful crusie on the Mariner last week. We made our way to Paradise Beach while in Cozumel and even though it was a rainy day, we still had loads of fun. We got there about 9 am and stayed until 2 pm or so. While it did rain a few times we had plenty of cover to enjoy while we waited out the drops.

The food was excellent and the staff was very attentive. Arturo was always on top of getting us what we needed (ten margaritas I think was the final count plus lunch). We enjoyed the water toys, floats, the kayaks, and snorkels provided for no charge. We sure enjoyed not feeling bad about enjoying a beach and the chairs and umbreallas were so nice and of course free to all.

I would recommend this beach to any and all who want to experience a beach while in Cozumel. You won't go away unhappy!

Thanks to Tom for answering the many questions here and stopping by to personally say hello to us while we were there at the beach.

Wanted to say yes, the the previous question. We ran a tab while there and Aurturo tallied it at the end and we used our RCCL VISA card to pay. I asked if they accepted Credit Cards and the answer was yes, but not sure other than VISA what they accept, but I assume they accept most every national card.

JoeMc...thanx for your wonderful review, glad we could make your day! That fresh milk made mine!!(and Miguel, one of our bartenders, he's loving that chocomilk!)
You are right about the cab fare. Even though its posted right there at the pier, a few rotten apples always try to push it higher. Confirm before you get in the cab!

WDWfan13...we accept Visa, Mastercard, travellers cheques, Mexican Pesos, and USD. No lockers, but if you need something stashed, I've got lots of cupboard space behind the bar! See ya next spring break!

TexasTwoSteps...nice "seeing" you again! Thanx again for coming out, it was fun meeting and talking to you guys...c'mon back anytime!!

Susan...that advice dies hard!! No restaurant/bar wants to poison its customers, we all serve purified ice, and our veggies are washed in purified water, no worries! See ya in Oct!

[quote name='Paradise_Beach_Tom']we accept Visa, Mastercard, travellers cheques, Mexican Pesos, and USD. [/QUOTE]No AmEx? Bummer. :( I like to use my AmEx whenever possible to rack up those Delta SkyMiles. No worries, though -- that won't deter us from visiting you on the 22nd. I have backup plastic for just such occasions. See you next week!

PS -- I assume your prices are in pesos. How is your exchange rate for USD?

Paradise Tom,

:confused: We will be in Coz on August 5th and I need some advice. Since this is my first time to Cozumel I really want to enjoy as much of the Island as possible as well as visit Paradise Beach as the posts on the board lead me to believe it is a great time. Will be be aboard the Carribean Princess and I am thinking of doing a Sail and Snorkel tour from 8:30 - 12:30 (Fury Cat I think) and then heading to Paradise Beach for the remainder of the day. We arrive at 8 am and board at 5 pm. Do we have enough time to do both in a single day? We are a group of 8 that want to enjoy a little snorkeling and then cocktails, sun and sand. Any other suggestions that might work for us? Appreciate the help!

[size=3][color=magenta]Woohoo! We will be in Cozumel for 8 short hours on December 9th. I'm thinking PB may be just perfect... Parasailing right next door for my Mom. Plenty of SUN and SAND for all of us... A few (10 or 12) :D yummy adult beverages... Snorkeling gear... I am excited! Is there anyplace CLOSE that does a short scuba dive trip (2 of the 3 of us refuse to miss the diving in Cozumel)??? [/color][/size]
[size=3][color=magenta][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=magenta]Until the Grand Princess arrives...[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=magenta]Jammie[/color][/size]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=plum]Hi yall, coming in December 9th, and can't wait:o What's the weather like, should we brush up on the Spanish or everything in English?? Will the water be warm or cool? Should we bring big towels? Will our things be ok on the chairs when we are in the water? Anyone else sailing on the Grand Princess? Dec 4 ~ 11th? Can't wait to hear from ya and CAN'T wait to GO!! :eek: [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#dda0dd][/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#dda0dd]Gayle (in OKC)[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#dda0dd]------------[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#dda0dd]Until the Grand Princess Sails 12/04[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#dda0dd][/color][/size][/font][/i]

Davisgroup...just answered this in your other post!

JDK...the guy next door (Patrick) who runs the jet ski/banana boat concession, just bought a fast dive boat and could take care of you guys. There are a couple of dive sites very close to here, so it sounds like we can take care of all your needs that day!
See you in Dec....adios!

After reading up on Paradise Beach, our family of four plan on spending the whole day there. When we hit the Caribbean, all we want to do is enjoy the beaches and soak up the sun. There aren't any beaches close to where we live, so a day at the beach is on the top of our list when we cruise. We went to Chankanaab last time, but I think we'll enjoy ourselves much more at Paradise Beach. We will be in Cozumel on Thursday, Nov. 4th from 10:00 until 6:00. You will know who we are right away. My husband is blond, 6'6", and is built like a linebacker. You can't miss him! Oh, and you might want to stock up on your food supplies for that day. My husband has a voracious appetite. And our two kids are bottomless pits. As for me, I just like to sit and drink lots of those foo-foo drinks with the pretty little umbrellas in them. Do you know how to make a hummingbird? What about a dirty banana? Are there any really good foo-foo drinks that you could tell me about? I would like to whet my appetite for the upcoming cruise. I'm already dreaming of those hot nachos. We come from Texas and we like our food hot. And I mean HOT. We grow our own jalapenos and habaneros in our garden. My husband eats the habaneros raw. Ouch! I like jalapenos, but raw habaneros are just too much for me. Thanks for the info. and I look forward to meeting you Tom!

We spent our visit in 2002 at Chak...we return on Mariner on Sept 3. I did lots of research and thought Xel-Ha would be the spot to visit. Now I am reading the rave reviews of PB. Is it possible to enjoy both in the same day?? We do want to enjoy snorkeling, but would like to relax and enjoy the food & bev after that, PB sounds like the spot for the later part of the day.

cruisinqt...looking forward to meeting you and the bottomless pits....I'll alert the kitchen! Yes, we hqave may foo-foo drinks including the option of getting your Pina Coladas served in an actual cored-out pineapple! We also Coco-Loco's right out of a coconut! A few more: Beachcomber- vodka, peach schnapps, o.j., cranberry. Caribbean Breeze- tequila,midori, grapefruit. I like the Paradise Punch- 101 Bacardi, Malibu, pineapple and a splash of grenadine!
Ask for the hot sauce that is normally only eaten by the staff with their meals, it'll blow yer heads off! See you guys in Nov!!

From Arizona...how many hours do you have in port?

Wow, all this talk about Paradise Beach is exciting! When our Enchantment cruise stops in Cozumel on December 8, we'll be heading over to Paradise Beach!

Thanks to everyone for all the reviews and info.

Tom - can't wait to meet you! I'm looking forward to a Coco-Loco!

:-) Betsy

Tom,
We will be in port from 10am-7pm on Sept 3rd. Reading more and more about PB...maybe we will get enough snorkling done in Grand Cayman and stay at PB all day to relax...of course eat and I have to try one of your Coco-Loco's!!

Julie

Thanks Tom! My husband is now looking forward to trying the locals hot sauce with his food. As for me, I am just dreaming about the pina colada in a pineapple and the coco loco's. I think I might want to try the beachcomber, caribbean breeze, the paradise punch,....oh, what the heck! I think I'll try them all!

Wow! I guess I'll add my voice to the crowd!
I have been agonizing over what to do in Cozumel and now we've found it! This place sounds great...can't wait to meet you Tom! We are coming in on the Star Princess in January and are looking for a nice beach and this sounds like it will really fit the bill!

Tom,

We finalized our trip and will be back on the Rhapsody for the sailing leaving the 9th of January. That puts us in Cozumel on Friday the 14th, so even though we enjoyed ourselves there with the showers, I am ordering our full day of Sun for the 14th. Make sure you place our order. I am sure with the addition of Sun, the beach, the drinks, the chips & salsa, the nachos, the quacamole, and the margaritas we will have as much fun as we did a week or so ago.

See you in a short six months.

Adding my vote to everyone here who raves about Paradise Beach. Based on these CC reviews, my group decided to go there when our voyage of the Rhapsody of the Seas stopped at Cozumel July 16. It was great, and it was neat seeing Tom at the pier and then meeting him on his beach. Enjoyed the whole P.B. experience - food, drinks, sand, sea and sun. I did the parasailing next door (first time ever - verry cool!) while my DH and nephew rented a wave runner. Tom is extremely personable, and after these boards, you feel like a friend. Ladies - he's pretty cute too! Go to Paradise Beach everyone. We want them to do very well so they'll stay in business (and be there for our next cruise next year) and Tom will become a beach mogul!!!

CarolSW
Houston, TX
Rhapsody of the Seas 7/11/04

Archived