Voyager Cabins

The Seven Seas Suites and above all have a separate bedroom....except for the Voyager? It even looks like the Voyager Suite only has a divider between “rooms.” Do only the grand and master suites on the Voyager have at least 1 1/2 baths?

We love the SS suites on the Mariner and Explorer, but would not consider one on the Voyager if the above is true. Please advise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Seven Seas suits are so confusing. On the Mariner, the forward Seven Seas suites have 1 bathroom but the aft suite have 1 1/2. The Voyager is the opposite - aft suites have 1 bathroom and forward have 1 1/2 bathrooms. We like the Seven Seas suites on both ships (and will be staying on one on the Voyager in November). To be fair, nothing can beat the aft Seven Seas suites on Mariner (in my opinion). That huge living room is wonderful (but the closet and bathroom are better on Voyager)!

Just in case you are thinking of going up one level, we do not care for the Grand Suite on Voyager because the master bathroom is tiny and they dedicated a huge space for the bathtub (probably a jacuzzi tab - don't recall) that is an area by the windows next to the living room. On the other hand, the Master suites on Voyager are to die for!

Hope that this helps!

Thanks tc about the bathroom inquiry. I am still interested in finding out about a separate bedroom in the Voyager suites, ....how high up the suite level to actually get one, and is it worth the cost? The Explorer has pocket doors to make a bedroom on the penthouse level?

Thanks tc about the bathroom inquiry. I am still interested in finding out about a separate bedroom in the Voyager suites, ....how high up the suite level to actually get one, and is it worth the cost? The Explorer has pocket doors to make a bedroom on the penthouse level?

The lowest suite on Voyager where you can get the extra half bathroom is in a Seven Seas forward suite (not Seven Seas aft). We have stayed in that suite a few times and find it very comfortable. We feel that it is worth the cost but we are used to having separate bathrooms at home.

Not sure what you mean about the pocket doors to make a bedroom on the PH level. We have toured the PH suites but did not care for them. Apparently we are not alone since the PH suites are the ones that will be changed on Splendor.

We were in a Voyager Suite in 2015 and loved it. The bedroom was a separate room. I thought I remembered a glass door, but now I’m questioning that memory. I definitely remember that the bedroom was separate enough that one could be in the living area and not hear one snoring in the bedroom. (Not confessing which of us was where. )

The lowest suite on Voyager where you can get the extra half bathroom is in a Seven Seas forward suite (not Seven Seas aft). We have stayed in that suite a few times and find it very comfortable. We feel that it is worth the cost but we are used to having separate bathrooms at home.

Not sure what you mean about the pocket doors to make a bedroom on the PH level. We have toured the PH suites but did not care for them. Apparently we are not alone since the PH suites are the ones that will be changed on Splendor.

We booked a cruise on Splendor recently and avoided the penthouse suites because we were told they would be like Explorer by TA. What are they going to do?

We booked a cruise on Splendor recently and avoided the penthouse suites because we were told they would be like Explorer by TA. What are they going to do?

The only change is switching the closet and making it a shower, and making the shower area into the closet, with entrance from the bathroom and entry foyer. This makes a bigger closet, which some felt is an improvement. Some liked it just the way it was.

We like the penthouse suites because it has a separate living and bedroom. We also like the superior cabins, but the Penthouse is definitely a step above for us, with a larger balcony and butler.

On our last Explorer cruise, we had the Explorer Suite. It was a special occasion. It was lovely, but not for us. It was just too much.

Bottom line, we like the Penthouse category because we like the separate living room and bedroom and the butler.

Everyone has their own opinion. This is ours.

Sheila

The only change is switching the closet and making it a shower, and making the shower area into the closet, with entrance from the bathroom and entry foyer. This makes a bigger closet, which some felt is an improvement. Some liked it just the way it was.

We like the penthouse suites because it has a separate living and bedroom. We also like the superior cabins, but the Penthouse is definitely a step above for us, with a larger balcony and butler.

On our last Explorer cruise, we had the Explorer Suite. It was a special occasion. It was lovely, but not for us. It was just too much.

Bottom line, we like the Penthouse category because we like the separate living room and bedroom and the butler.

Everyone has their own opinion. This is ours.

Sheila

On the other ships we get penthouse...I like taking some baths so having no tub is a problem for me. Thank you for information.

Also, sorry for my off topic question.