Need suggestion on Cellphone SIM that will work inexpensively: Italy, France, Spain

ghstudio

We will be spending a week in Italy, then joining a TA to the US. I would like to have phone coverage while in Italy...and, if possible, during the port days in the other countries. There are so many options....and no web site that's clear on which work where....and then when you find one, the cost is crazy. I thought I found a great one...GiffGaff which is UK based, but they require you to use your phone in the UK (or have a UK address) before they will turn on EU roaming....so that doesn't work.

I use Verizon in the US but I have an unlocked worldphone...will work in the EU on GSM/LTE...so that's one obstacle I don't have to deal with

My minimal needs:

100 min or talk time- all calls within the EU

100 msgs (may be to/from US)

500MB data (don't need tethering)

must work in all the countries mentioned for at least 1 month.

SIM should not cost over 15 euros. The GiffGaff SIM would have cost 7.50 Euros and exceeded my requirements.

I do use skype, but I want standard GSM capability so a data only SIM won't meet my needs.

Looking for recommendations....

We switched to T-Mobile this year because we travel a lot. The data was unlimited and phone calls in Europe was 20 cents a minute. very worth while to leave AT&T.

We switched to T-Mobile this year because we travel a lot. The data was unlimited and phone calls in Europe was 20 cents a minute. very worth while to leave AT&T.

Of course, you need to have good coverage in your home area. Both T-mobile and Sprint have terrible coverage in our city.

Of course, you need to have good coverage in your home area. Both T-mobile and Sprint have terrible coverage in our city.

As far as I can tell, Sprint has terrible coverage everywhere but when we were in Europe we had free data and texting. That and the fact that our monthly bill is only $75 a month, are the reasons we're still subscribers.

We had free boosters from both AT&T and now from T-Mobile. They have a senior rate for a lot less than AT&T. As mentioned above you have to see if your phone is compatible with what ever plan younger on. T-Mobile told Apple or AT&T we wanted our phone unlocked and then T-Mobile could do that for us as we waited.We were no longer under contract with AT&T at that time