Bliss...why such a mediocre itinerary?

CruisingNole

To be fair here, and clear, I said a "majority" of cruisers. I totally understand the sense of adventure and seeing new things. I have 4 upcoming cruises all on new ships to me and lots of new ports, too.

Were doing the Nassau/St Thomas/Tortola itinerary in February. We’re doing this cruise solely for the ship. The first time we’ve ever done that.

But for us the ship is a bigger draw than any of the ports. We’ve been to Nassau 7 times. St Thomas once. Tortola never. We’re going to get off the boat in Nassau to buy some rum. Then we’re treating it as a sea day and exploring the ship. I’m eager to get back to St Thomas & to see Tortola. But really, I’m only there for the ship.

We love St Thomas and Tortola has been a favorite of ours for years. We were scheduled to go there a few months ago but itinerary was changed as they were still recovering from last season's hurricane.

We are super excited to be able to be able to sail on the new ships and go back to our favorite Eastern Carib. islands. I wish they could spend more time in the BVIs so we could take ferries to more of those lovely laid back islands with some of the friendliest people and our favorite beaches.

If you ever get the chance, fly into Tortola and spend several days. The locals are known as 'belongers' but they will make you want to be a belonger too.

• Like 1