Handicap Accessible Suite On Royal Princess

I object 2

The typical difference is the layout of the bathrooms, the width of the doors, and the amount of extraneous furniture. I have been in a Penthouse Suite (Rivera Deck- on the side of the ship) and a suite in the aft of the ship with a person who was in a wheelchair. There was plenty of space in a “non-accessible” cabin to accommodate the chair and all of the gear. The only issue was the step up into the bathroom. But she could negotiate that step.

The other issue was the lack of grab bars in the walk in shower. It was glass/ tile walls, so it could get slick.

Other than that, the suite worked perfectly for us.

We stayed in Penthouse Suite #R617 on the Royal last December.

There is no dividing wall, just a large open room, sleeping area on one side, sofa, side chairs, desk, minibar, closets on other side. One TV, mounted on wall between the sliding glass doors. There is one large bathroom with a wide, fold down shower seat, grab bars everywhere, n

o bathtub. Very comfortable & roomy for a wheelchair.

There is no dividing wall, just a large open room, sleeping area on one side, sofa, side chairs, desk, minibar, closets on other side. One TV, mounted on wall between the sliding glass doors. There is one large bathroom with a wide, fold down shower seat, grab bars everywhere, n

Thanks for the info. Very helpful!

Jan

• 11 months later...
On 9/13/2018 at 1:48 PM, nivek48@aol.com said:

Looking at booking R617 on the Sky Princess for Baltic cruise next summer. Would be myself, wife and adult son with mobility issues, using a walker.  In the video posted above, I did not see any sign of the separate toilet/sink space as shown in floor plan shown on Princess website for an accessible suite.  Is it there?  Also is the balcony as shallow as shown,  the ramps seem to eat up a lot of space?

45 minutes ago, kayakcove said:

Looking at booking R617 on the Sky Princess for Baltic cruise next summer. Would be myself, wife and adult son with mobility issues, using a walker.  In the video posted above, I did not see any sign of the separate toilet/sink space as shown in floor plan shown on Princess website for an accessible suite.  Is it there?  Also is the balcony as shallow as shown,  the ramps seem to eat up a lot of space?

Yes.  If I remember correctly a year or so ago someone on either the Royal or Regal posted pictures here on CC of them using the ramp to the balcony while in their wheelchair both inside and on the balcony. When they were outside they could barely turn around. The ramp extends out about a foot.

Balconies on the Royal/Regal/Majestic are minuscule compared to other ships anyway. So I would Imagine the Sky will be the same way. 

We recently cruised on the Majestic Princess in as Accessible Club Class Mini Suite and an Accessible Standard Balcony.

In my opinion the Angled Accessible Club Class Mini Suites are the best!   Large balcony which is very easy to access and move around on.  We were in B433 and we did enjoy the cabin.   We didn't use the balcony as much as I would have hoped as we spent more time meeting our travel companions elsewhere.    

I think I posted pictures on the 'sticky' about cabins on page 1.    I will come back to you on that.

Photos on https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2150432-princess-cabin-reviews-–-no-cabin-questions-posted-here-please/page/11/?tab=comments#comment-56595965

Posts 254 255

Edited by MargoK
Extra details