beer delivery

angel41

I'm looking for a company that will deliver beer to a stateroom prior to a cruise. I've seen some of the gift companies but none that you could order beer from. Princess carries nothing I like and I can only drink so many margaritas until I have a migraine. I know the opinions of bringing your own on board. I would rather not do it, but I'm wondering if I will have a choice.

A very good question, and one that I would like to have an answer to myself. Sailing on Golden in March and am heartbroken to learn that Princess does not sell Corona/Corona Light. We are sailing out of San Juan and I would be delighted to find out that I could have a case (or so) delivered to my cabin.

Hi, I am a floral designer and I know that you can have gift baskets right along with flowers sent to anyone on a ship. If you look in your port, you will certainly find a florist that is intrested in your business. First you want to make sure that, that florist is able to purchase the beer. Not all florists have the lisence. Have them either wrap it all up as a gift, meaning a case or two or just ask them to put it all in a cheap basket. If you wanted to get out of hand, you can have them wrap three at a time or even each one. As long as the florist can purchase wine for their gift baskets, they can purchase beer and yes, of course, they are going to charge you delivery and the labor to make it, but talking with the florist instead of just ordering online is the best way to make sure you are recieving exactly what you've ordered and the florist will know exactly what needs to be done. Oh, yeah, and make sure you write yourself a Happy Birthday or Happy Anniversary or a Bon Voyage card. Cause you'd really like to thank yourself later by toasting that beer! LOL

angel - try Just Because of You in FLL Laurie and Shelly 800-882-9707 Someone from our cruise on the Sun last year had alcohol delivery. I think beer was an option, but call them to make sure. Good luck!

The florist is a great idea. Thanks for the tip, apparently I may have to use it on another cruise line????? That seems kind of crazy to me for them to not allow gifts to be delivered. Starting to sound a bit like NCL. I may have to go back to them. I can't remember about Corona b/c I only recently developed a liking for them, but at least NCL carried bottles of Bud Light (not aluminum bottles, they're still cans no matter how they are shaped).

I get they just want the alcohol sales for the cruise line, but maybe they should carry a little more variety???:confused: I know I wouldn't bother with the gift baskets or the smuggling if that were the case.

I bought beer and bottled water at the pier in San Juan and brought it on the ship with no questions asked. This was in December 2004. Not sure if they've gotten stricter since then. Also restocked my beer with island beer at each port, again no questions ever asked. My feeling has allways been that they are strict about hard liquor being brough on board, but they treat beer like wine and allow you to bring a few bottles/cans with you.

Archived