Are the upcharge restaurants on the Crown worth it?

FSU Girl

My Fiance isn't as picky with his steak so he'd probably be happy with anything. I usually only like tender filet mignon so I'll definitely be wary of what I order on the ship.

filet for the balcony dinner was one of the best i ever had. they said its same in the grill downstairs so if true, id gladly pay the 29 in the grill

but instead i paid the 100 for the room dinner again next month. its just such a cool experience. not even hotel room service is that good ..at least not at the hotels where i stay ;)

filet for the balcony dinner was one of the best i ever had. they said its same in the grill downstairs so if true, id gladly pay the 29 in the grill

but instead i paid the 100 for the room dinner again next month. its just such a cool experience. not even hotel room service is that good ..at least not at the hotels where i stay ;)

The balcony meal does sound really romantic. That could be a good way to celebrate the honeymoon. We are in just a normal balcony room is there enough space for all that?

The balcony meal does sound really romantic. That could be a good way to celebrate the honeymoon. We are in just a normal balcony room is there enough space for all that?

you def wanna search for pics of one in a balcony room (i was on Regal). mine was inside because of the cold weather and in a mini it was fine but if the person on the other side of the table had to get up and go to the bathroom the table would have to be moved. in a balcony room id think its tad tighter

as far as having it in warm weather on the balcony i'm positive its tight there. one person will be in the back 'stuck'. i researched this heavily before doing it last year.

i wouldnt let the tight space inside sway you though regardless . its a great deal romantically and financially. even.

also from my review linked below here's the money part:

Here’s the breakdown with my estimated conservative pricing if I got this at home: 2 apps crab (10x 2) =20; surf and turf (est. 35 in any home restaurant) = 70; 2 drinks (8x2) = 16; 2 desserts (5x2) = 10; bday cake and other extra desserts =15; roses = 10; ship pic = 25; half bottle champagne = 10 and then the apps which I forget what they are would probably be 10 as well so that’s nearly 200 bucks worth of stuff for 100

you def wanna search for pics of one in a balcony room (i was on Regal). mine was inside because of the cold weather and in a mini it was fine but if the person on the other side of the table had to get up and go to the bathroom the table would have to be moved. in a balcony room id think its tad tighter

as far as having it in warm weather on the balcony i'm positive its tight there. one person will be in the back 'stuck'. i researched this heavily before doing it last year.

i wouldnt let the tight space inside sway you though regardless . its a great deal romantically and financially. even.

also from my review linked below here's the money part:

Here’s the breakdown with my estimated conservative pricing if I got this at home: 2 apps crab (10x 2) =20; surf and turf (est. 35 in any home restaurant) = 70; 2 drinks (8x2) = 16; 2 desserts (5x2) = 10; bday cake and other extra desserts =15; roses = 10; ship pic = 25; half bottle champagne = 10 and then the apps which I forget what they are would probably be 10 as well so that’s nearly 200 bucks worth of stuff for 100

It sounds like a great deal. I feel like it would be inside since a British Isles cruise seems like it would have cold weather.

We decided to switch the time to 8:15, is it possible this time could end up being later? We looked at when most excursions end and feel like the 5:30 would be tough making it most days, so to eliminate stress we just switched to later and will find snacks on the ship to tide us over until then. We would need his approval if we do anytime dining for a night or two?

I think you made the right choice with the late seating and I hope you have a good experience as I've always had.

I sincerely doubt there will be a change to 8:30 PM. Most likely your cruise card will show it's the same 8:15 PM or pushed up to 8 PM. None of my 15 cruises over the past several years had 8:30 PM

I think you made the right choice with the late seating and I hope you have a good experience as I've always had.

I sincerely doubt there will be a change to 8:30 PM. Most likely your cruise card will show it's the same 8:15 PM or pushed up to 8 PM. None of my 15 cruises over the past several years had 8:30 PM

Thanks :) and that's good to hear it won't be moved later I would be very hungry. We put in a request for a table for 2, is it likely this will be met?

Great odds lol. How will we know what table size we get? Is it something we have to go to the restaurant to find out?

The way I have done it in the past is look at the DR and table number on your cruise card.

On embarkation day I will go to the restaurant when someone is there and ask them to show me the table. ;)

Thanks :) and that's good to hear it won't be moved later I would be very hungry. We put in a request for a table for 2, is it likely this will be met?

Isn't this a Honeymoon Cruise? Your birthday too?

I'd suggest that you call Princess and see if they have the Honeymoon noted. If that note flows through, I'd hope your special occasion would get special consideration.

Let me add that I'm a solo traveler and prefer to eat alone for breakfast and lunch, but I always enjoy Late TD at a large table. I've always managed to meet interesting and fun people on Princess Cruises. Dinner became a nice pause in the evening to relax over a good meal and converse with others. In December I sat with a woman from Australia, a gentleman from South Africa, and newlyweds from Mexico. We had great dinners and enlightening conversations together.

Yes, you can do that on a case by case basis by requesting a "community table" in the MDR during breakfast or lunch. Issue is those meals always seem to take longer, so not a good idea if you have something planned afterwards.

Isn't this a Honeymoon Cruise? Your birthday too?

I'd suggest that you call Princess and see if they have the Honeymoon noted. If that note flows through, I'd hope your special occasion would get special consideration.

Let me add that I'm a solo traveler and prefer to eat alone for breakfast and lunch, but I always enjoy Late TD at a large table. I've always managed to meet interesting and fun people on Princess Cruises. Dinner became a nice pause in the evening to relax over a good meal and converse with others. In December I sat with a woman from Australia, a gentleman from South Africa, and newlyweds from Mexico. We had great dinners and enlightening conversations together.

Yes, you can do that on a case by case basis by requesting a "community table" in the MDR during breakfast or lunch. Issue is those meals always seem to take longer, so not a good idea if you have something planned afterwards.

Yes it'll be our honeymoon and my 30th birthday :) I went online and made a note about both, should I call as well?

Normally I wouldn't mind sitting with others for dinner, but since it'll be our honeymoon I think it'll be nice to just be the two of us. The cruise is pretty port intense, but we could look into dining for lunch with other cruises on the two sea days. On a sea day we won't be rushing anywhere.

Yes it'll be our honeymoon and my 30th birthday :) I went online and made a note about both, should I call as well?

Normally I wouldn't mind sitting with others for dinner, but since it'll be our honeymoon I think it'll be nice to just be the two of us. The cruise is pretty port intense, but we could look into dining for lunch with other cruises on the two sea days. On a sea day we won't be rushing anywhere.

If it were me, I'd call and innocently ask if the info gets transmitted to the ship. If you get a good agent, they may even send a note onwards.