Noisy under Fitness Center? Eurodam

CytoMegaloVirus

Anyone know if it's noisy right under the fitness center?

Have scoured the internet! Haven't found complaints about it.

I have Eurodam VF room 8001 booked for Alaska.

I do know how forward that is for ship motion, I've gone across the Atlantic and back with no issue. The balcony visibility of this room being right behind the bridge isn't an issue either. People say the bridge is super quiet to sleep next to.

Thanks in advance!!!

CMV

• 5 months later...

I will be sailing this summer on a Alaska Cruise and will be staying in the cabin 8006   I also was wondering if this will be a problem being under the hydro pool and next to the bridge.  Also did you feels lot of motion. 

I haven't sailed yet in 8001 Eurodam. And there's not a lot of answers out there. But I'm fairly confident it's quiet for sleep, as the fitness center is closed. I spoke with a cruise employee from Australia about this on FB and my world cruiser travel agent agrees, it's never open at night. Good luck to you. At the end of May I can report.😊

On 9/21/2018 at 7:34 AM, CytoMegaloVirus said:

Anyone know if it's noisy right under the fitness center?

Have scoured the internet! Haven't found complaints about it.

I have Eurodam VF room 8001 booked for Alaska.

I do know how forward that is for ship motion, I've gone across the Atlantic and back with no issue. The balcony visibility of this room being right behind the bridge isn't an issue either. People say the bridge is super quiet to sleep next to.

Thanks in advance!!!

CMV

We have sailed in Eurodam 8001 in 2012 and cannot remember experiencing any noise. The gym part is more forward (exercise equipment) and I think what is directly above, may be the Spa and Salon.

• Thanks 1

On the Nieuw Amsterdam, there are signs on the treadmills advising runners to limit their speed to 3.5 MPH when the ship is entering or departing port so as not to disturb the crew on the bridge. However, as Alphen points out, the treadmills and other equipment are in the forward part of the gym, not over the cabins on the Navigation Deck. I believe that 8001 should be under the Relaxation Room. (I may have the name wrong.)

• Thanks 1