Traffic alert -port of Galveston for this weekend 9/29-9/30/18

Quilcruisers

Galveston is the worst port, it's either fog, floods and hard to get to.

I find it very easy to drive to Galveston from San Antonio. Take the Sam Houston tollway around the south side of Houston...easy peasy...with three chances to stop at Buc'ees each direction. It is all good.

As for those mother nature issues...well, every port has their issues.

But if you fly...ok. But I would never fly to take a cruise as it adds so much to the cost it would not become our vacation of choice at those price levels.

Badfinger...boy are you correct about having to add airfare to the cost of the cruise! I am from Vegas and don't want to only cruise the Mexican Rivera. I have a Magic cruise in May 2019 from FLL booked and have already paid for my airfare and booked a hotel. It seems to be a little less money to book way in advance for airfare and a hotel for the night before. I do love cruising from Galveston. Three hour flight from Vegas, over night at the Drury near Hobby and shuttle to the port in the morning. It has always been a lot of fun even with a few problems that pop up(fog!!).

Message from carnival to cruisers...

Heavy rain and flooded streets are now affecting the area around the port and roads are closed. If you have flexibility, we suggest you wait until conditions improve to make your way to the port. To allow you more time to get to the cruise terminal safely, we will extend our departure time to 7:00 PM. All guests must be on board by 6:00 PM. We will provide you with another update if anything changes.