July 2019 - what ship is the best for us?

I certainly wouldn't worry about sailing out of Texas. No different than thinking everyone sailing out of Florida is an old retired person. With that said though, you seem to like the Oasis class so pretty much everything else is probably going to be a disappointment. I prefer the smaller ships and find plenty to do on my own. I have been on the Equinox but it was a charter so I don't know about the usual pax and activities. Seems like it would be a bit older crowd and not as many activities like you would want. It was a beautiful ship to be sure and I loved the air conditioned solarium! The flight from Texas to California is going to be half of what it is from Florida. If you are flying from clear across the pond to begin with, what is an extra 4 hours when you are going to be on a ship for 7 days?

I sailed out of Baltimore way back when the Enchantment was homeported there. I think that the area and people are nice, however as it is Vision Class and usually longer cruises, it seems that GR (and EN before that) attract an older clientele and the younger folks from the area head up to Bayonne for the Anthem (and AD now as well).

For Voyager Class, I sailed Explorer of the Seas back in her Bayonne day and had a blast. However, stepping down from Oasis Class, going to the Freedom Class would be better as it is still a longer ship and will just feel that bit bigger.

When you sail has a big impact. Last year, I sailed 9 nights on Grandeur in February and in July. It was night and day. In February, the pace was glacial. I was easily one of the youngest people on board (I'm in my mid 40s). There were few kids. The Viking Crown Lounge in the evening was an exercise in futility. It probably didn't help that we also had one of the worst cruise directors I've ever had in my 19 cruises. I didn't mind, as I was more or less detaching on a solo cruise so I was fine. July, I was in my element. The Viking Crown Lounge was hopping pretty much every night. The pace was much more energetic than February. The demographics was much younger than it was in February. The passengers were more involved. There were definitely a lot more kids onboard.

I think my heart is set on Allure or another on Symphony.

Harmony seems more expensive.

Symphony - enjoy your favorite features again, maybe get to try a feature you didn't have a chance to do the first time around, plus Perfect Day at Coco Bay & the brand new Miami cruise terminal.

Plus, it's Miami!

All that Allure has going for it is the "revitalized" propulsion system.....and Mama Mia. By the time you sail next year, she'll be the "oldest", least revitalized of the Oasis class.

Symphony - enjoy your favorite features again, maybe get to try a feature you didn't have a chance to do the first time around, plus Perfect Day at Coco Bay & the brand new Miami cruise terminal.

Plus, it's Miami!

All that Allure has going for it is the "revitalized" propulsion system.....and Mama Mia. By the time you sail next year, she'll be the "oldest", least revitalized of the Oasis class.

Well, it looks like Symphony again. CocoCay is very enticing. Provided that Abe is still there for the 7/6 cruise, I'll try and get that one organised. If it turns out that his replacement is a dud then I'll be back to Square 1.