Grand Cayman - change in Stingray City Shore Excursion

DENIE

Hmmm.....was on the Celebrity website a couple days ago. A few months ago we used some OBC to book the Stingray City and Rum Point excursion. We are on the 11/30 Silhouette Southern Caribbean cruise. I noticed it is now listed as Stingray City/Calico Jacks. Not a "make or break" sort of thing, but we had heard nice things about Rum Point, so seeing Stingray City and Rum Point without worrying about taxi's, etc. was sort of appealing. Do I vaguely recall hearing something about algae found recently at Rum Point? Either way, there must have been some reason for the itinerary change?

Hmmm.....was on the Celebrity website a couple days ago. A few months ago we used some OBC to book the Stingray City and Rum Point excursion. We are on the 11/30 Silhouette Southern Caribbean cruise. I noticed it is now listed as Stingray City/Calico Jacks. Not a "make or break" sort of thing, but we had heard nice things about Rum Point, so seeing Stingray City and Rum Point without worrying about taxi's, etc. was sort of appealing. Do I vaguely recall hearing something about algae found recently at Rum Point? Either way, there must have been some reason for the itinerary change?

Rum Point is also considerably further than Calico Jacks. I have read that people who booked through private excursions really had to hustle to get back to the ship on time.

elaineb....yes, I noticed it was considerably farther away, which is one reason we booked a Celebrity excursion. I agree, I don't think I would have wanted to go that far on our own. Either way, we will be sure to enjoy Calico Jacks. Not a make or break deal, just interesting that we did not receive any notice. Still looking forward to it. Better on a beach than at work, we say!!! :D