Earliest flight from Vancouver, will ask 4 1st off what about customs/Thurs traffic?

A Sixth?

Looking at a free domestic flight home but it leaves Vancouver at 11:30am.

Have NEXUS to fast track customs Canada at the port and carry-on luggage only and fast track airport security.

Don't like early flights ever, but the alternative is very much later flights that are overnighters. clear.png?emoji-thumbsdown-933

Experiences advise?

Looking at a free domestic flight home but it leaves Vancouver at 11:30am.

Have NEXUS to fast track customs Canada at the port and carry-on luggage only and fast track airport security.

Don't like early flights ever, but the alternative is very much later flights that are overnighters. (n)

Experiences advise?

As a US citizen having arrived at Canada Place from Japan as well as Alaska, I found the Canadian immigration & customs to be quick and efficient. I can only guess that it might be even more efficient for a Canadian citizen with or without NEXUS.

Skytrain from Canada Place to YVR is 38 minutes, so allow an hour to include walking to/from the stations. (no traffic concerns with Skytrain, unknown traffic with taxi).

If I were you, with your Nexus and Fast Track, I would definitely go for the 11:30 flight, and hope the cruise arrives on time, which it most likely will.

I am sure your fellow Canadians will comment about your plan, but it seems like an acceptable plan to me.

Edited by SFCAcruiser

Walked off Solstice 10 days ago and we were on the train (home) at 7:50 AM. If you take the Skytrain, you'll need the Canada Line and just make sure your train goes to YVR and not Brighouse. I think you'll have plenty of time to make the 11:30 flight. The Nexus pass will help getting through security. There's usually a separate line.

You might want to query these boards for the topic to see other opinions. I seem to remember some posts not too long ago where it was taking people a couple of hours to get through Customs upon arrival in Vancouver. We have sailed into there several times and while it never took two hours it took quite awhile. We are US, not Canadian citizens so not sure how that affects timing.

You might want to query these boards for the topic to see other opinions. I seem to remember some posts not too long ago where it was taking people a couple of hours to get through Customs upon arrival in Vancouver. We have sailed into there several times and while it never took two hours it took quite awhile. We are US, not Canadian citizens so not sure how that affects timing.

For Nexus Canadians there's a separate line and they just check that you know who won the Stanley Cup, ask if you like Moose and Squirrel and you're in! :DPretty quick.

bullwinkle_and_rocky_by_houndknight-d365vfw.jpg