November Crossing

DreamingOfSunnyDays

6 hours ago, DreamingOfSunnyDays said:

We have booked!

November 19th 2019 Southampton- New York, my third crossing, fourth voyage!

Can’t wait!

Good choice! We are currently on QM2 on her westbound crossing. The weather has been variable - one evening when it was very choppy and a whole lot of dishes got broken in the dining room and our cabin flooded, but otherwise it has been fairly calm. I have not ventured outdoors, and the hot tubs are way too cool, but I see a lot of people out and about. Some bundled up against the cold, others just in running shorts and T shirts. All in all, it is a perfect crossing :)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, safarigal said:

Good choice! We are currently on QM2 on her westbound crossing. The weather has been variable - one evening when it was very choppy and a whole lot of dishes got broken in the dining room and our cabin flooded, but otherwise it has been fairly calm. I have not ventured outdoors, and the hot tubs are way too cool, but I see a lot of people out and about. Some bundled up against the cold, others just in running shorts and T shirts. All in all, it is a perfect crossing 🙂

How did your cabin end up getting flooded!?

7 hours ago, DreamingOfSunnyDays said:

How did your cabin end up getting flooded!?

Water must have come in through the balcony door and/or windows. The carpet was soaked. Obviously this wasn't the first time, when I told our room steward he did not sound surprised, and the next door cabin had the same problem.

This was a first for us after many cruises!

There are huge waves today, crashing against the windows in the pub, but the ship is hardly rolling or pitching at all. She is amazingly stable.

• Like 1

Just arrived in New York after mixed weather conditions. Some days were calm and we sat on the balcony (well wrapped up!) for a while. Others were fairly rough but I think there was only one day when the deck was closed. The highlight was the 3D screening of return to Jurassic Park which starts with a sequence on a boat in a stormy sea. This coincided with a decent swell and the film was much enhanced.......

It was never uncomfortable and if you like the experience of being on a big warm ship whilst everything rages outside then you will love it. But get a balcony if you can. 

We love the Winter crossings .......