Strange - HAL website not showing a category while a large TA does.

DaveOKC

I was looking at my upcoming cruise and for awhile now all the Signature, Neptune and Pinnacle cabins have been Sold Out. Now today a Signature cabin shows up (guarantee only), but no Neptunes or Pinnacles.

OK, no big deal, but just to verify I went to a large TA website (very popular one) and they are showing the same Signature cabin (guarantee) and no Neptunes, BUT they show one Pinnacle (even shows the cabin number).

I thought that this was odd - why wouldn't HAL show this on their website?? Especially since we are about a week away from sailing.

Am I missing something here?

Did you a call HAL to ask ?

I cannot answer you but to say it most likely comes down to a monetary answer. It is always about the m oney. ;)

Edited by sail7seas

Dave, you are a week from sailing so HAL may be in the midst of upsells? When they do that, they tend to close the categories IME.

You might be wise to call your PCC/TA/whomever to ask if there are upsell offers if they are of interest to you.

Just a thought.

Dave, you are a week from sailing so HAL may be in the midst of upsells? When they do that, they tend to close the categories IME.

You might be wise to call your PCC/TA/whomever to ask if there are upsell offers if they are of interest to you.

Just a thought.

I just call my PCC yesterday and she was nice enough to call the upsell department (we did this in March and it worked great). They had nothing and since the Neptunes have been sold out for 2 months, I expected as much,

Maybe they will offer me an upsell to a Pinnacle!!!! That would be something! Wonder what that would cost???