Are the Daniel Johnson Sloth and Monkey Hangout Suitable for a 3 and 5 year old?

cruisin'sz

Thinking of taking my grandsons to the Daniel Johnson Sloth & Monkey Hangout while in Roatan on the Getaway Is it a suitable place for the kids? What type of transportation is there from the port? Is there any such thing as a car seat in Roatan?

• 2 weeks later...

Probably for the 5 year old. But the monkey antics might scare a 3 year old. You are assigned a group and a guide. They first introduce you to one of the sloths. Most people want to hold one and they are very docile and cute. This took up quite a bit of time for each person to take a turn holding the sloth.  Both kids would probably get antsy, but there are cages of other animals and birds to look at. You do have to leave your group to look at these cages. Then the guide takes the group into a large monkey enclosure. But you don't have to go inside with the monkeys. We didn't as I was not interested in having monkeys jump on me. We just watched. The whole thing for us took about 30 minutes. It is about a 25 minute ride from the port of Coxen Hole, which I believe is the port that NCL uses.

• 2 weeks later...