Regal: Aft Balcony Obstruction and Soot Questions

pizzalady1

I am planning a cruise on the Regal and am looking at the Dolphin Deck 9, specifically D728, D730, D731 or D729. Do any of these balconies have any obstruction, ie: metal instead of glass railing, metal structures? Also, since these balconies are partially covered, is there a soot problem? Thanks.

There are no obstructions on these balconies.  They are partially covered, thus soot should not be much of an issue.  We are sailing on Regal in an aft cabin on the Riviera deck (for the 3rd time) next Jan.  There is a bit of soot overnight (the Riviera deck balconies are completely uncovered), but it wasn't a big deal.  The only flaw is that idiots routinely toss cigarettes from the Lido and Sun decks and they land on the aft balconies.  We've found cigarette ends and even wrappers nearly every morning.  The ship's smoking area is the Sun deck, aft section.  Very dumb, in my opinion.  

We just sailed on the Regal a couple weeks ago (10/6 -10/13) in cabin D731.  As stated above, there are no obstructions.  We had no issues with soot at all.  I highly recommend this cabin as you only have one neighbor -- beside the cabin is a utility area (you can see the empty spot on the deck plan).  

12 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

We just sailed on the Regal a couple weeks ago (10/6 -10/13) in cabin D731.  As stated above, there are no obstructions.  We had no issues with soot at all.  I highly recommend this cabin as you only have one neighbor -- beside the cabin is a utility area (you can see the empty spot on the deck plan).  

Thank you for this info. I was wondering what that empty space was. We are going to be in D730 and our friends are in D731 in February. First time in a true aft for us - we are excited! 

1 hour ago, rogerdawhip said:

I was in aft cabin M727 on the recent TA and had terrible soot problems.  To make things worse, they only cleaned it up once on a 14 day cruise.  Cabin is near center so maybe it gets more soot. 

I think the higher up you are, the more exposure to soot.  The Marina and Riviera decks are completely uncovered, which makes them even more susceptible.  I still love the ginormous balconies on those two decks, though.  And I'm addicted to watching the wake!