JUST Stingrays?

heels_fan

Hi folks. Does anyone know how to book a tour that does just Stingray City? (and does not include snorkeling, etc.) My boyfriend has extremely expensive contact lenses and cannot snorkel. He's also never been to Grand Cayman, and is interested in taking in as much of the island as possible, so I'm trying to find a tour where we can head out and catch the stingrays and then check out the island and 7 Mile Beach on our own. Every tour I've looked at so far includes snorkeling or a stop at a smaller beach, etc. Thanks in advance for any info or insight.  

Does your boyfriend own transition sunglasses? My husband uses them when we have excursions like this, then when we snorkel, he just takes them off and puts his mask on. Other option is a prescription mask if he really cant see. I wear my contacts with my mask and honestly just close my eyes if water comes near my eyes. I've done this for over 25 years and never lost a lens.

It is possible that he may get a wave splashed in his face with the stingrays. I am not telling you what you should do but if it was me, I'd just wear glasses or if he has them transition glasses. 

Edited by jean87510

3 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Does your boyfriend own transition sunglasses? My husband uses them when we have excursions like this, then when we snorkel, he just takes them off and puts his mask on. Other option is a prescription mask if he really cant see. I wear my contacts with my mask and honestly just close my eyes if water comes near my eyes. I've done this for over 25 years and never lost a lens.

It is possible that he may get a wave splashed in his face with the stingrays. I am not telling you what you should do but if it was me, I'd just wear glasses or if he has them transition glasses. 

Hi jean87510. Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, because of the eye condition he has, glasses will not correct his vision & he cannot see at all without his contacts. He's had two cornea transplants and his contacts cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $6,500. He is super-protective of his eyes, and the thought of losing his contacts makes him incredibly nervous, so I definitely don't push the issue. A lost contact would ruin his vacation. Thanks for the heads up about the possibility of a wave splash at Stingray City. I'll see how he wants to handle that. Happy cruising!