Does NCL Offer a Shuttle Bus Service in Dublin?

onivek

I feel like I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find an answer to this:

Does Norwegian offer a shuttle bus from the port to Dublin city centre (perhaps Trinity College)?  I've found information that other cruise lines do, but I've found nothing for Norwegian.

Thanks!

We were on the NCL Jade in September.  There was a shuttle from the pier to downtown Dublin but I'm sorry I can't remember the charge.  As we got off the bus there was someone from the Hop on Hop Off bus ready to sell us a ticket.  Although we didn't get to Trinity College it was within walking distance.

We were in Dublin in May with Royal. They offered a shuttle (for fee) but the last one returning was relatively early and as we were in port overnight, we didn't want to be tied to having to "head home" at 9 pm. For a one way shuttle, we didn't feel the price was worth it. 

We walked out of the port area and made our way on foot to Trinity College where we caught a hop on hop off bus. While it is "doable" it was quite a hike (around an hour) and we found the streets a little challenging to navigate as there weren't a lot of signs. 

We decided we didn't want to do same on the way back so we instead took a street car from downtown to the last stop (relatively close to the port) and were able to walk from there. 

There was a hop on hop off bus stop not too far from the street car stop I just mentioned but it was not the line affiliated with "The Dublin Pass" that we had pre-purchased which is why we pressed on into town. Walking to this stop and catching the HOHO would have been ideal. 

If you're so inclined, it is possible to do it with walking and public transit/HOHO bus but does require some planning to be most efficient and find your way where you want to go.

Hope you enjoy Dublin - lots to see and do.

Edited by JillK

FWIW (since we were in a Dublin on a land based trip), I'd suggest looking into Dublin transport LEAP visitor card.  It gives you full use of all their transport options (except their HoHo). We were there three days so the 72 hour card was perfect for us. It and the phone app Moovit got us everywhere we wanted to go.  

To expand on what littlegit said.  The shuttle service ran every 30 minutes and the cost was $15 for an adult and $10 for a child (12 and under).  You could buy the tickets at Guest Services on the ship.

The drop off /pick-up point in Dublin was Merrion Square North which is an easy walk to Trinity College.   

On 11/1/2018 at 4:20 PM, littlegit said:

We were on the NCL Jade in September.  There was a shuttle from the pier to downtown Dublin but I'm sorry I can't remember the charge.  As we got off the bus there was someone from the Hop on Hop Off bus ready to sell us a ticket.  Although we didn't get to Trinity College it was within walking distance.

We were on that same cruise and did take the NCL  shuttle bus to Dublin. The cost was $15us and dropped us off on a Main Street in town.

Trinity college is about a 10-15 minute walk along this street towards the Spire. Please book your tickets online if you want to see the Book of Kells.  The lines were long in September and we didn’t go in.

We did our own walking tour and visited the molly Malone statue, the spire, the cathedral, the temple bar area, Dublin Castle and finished at the museum by the drop off area . The Dublin Castle tour was quite good as it takes you underground to see the original walls. It was a great day and has us wanting to go back for a land visit in the future.