jet ski/wave runner rentals on the beach

momma-devore9702

I have read that you can rent wave runners right on the beach. I'm trying to get an idea of how long you have to ride and the approx cost. Also are they all self guided? We really want to be able to do our own thing. Also are you able to get on them easily because one of us has 2 bum knees!  Thanks in advance for any info!:classic_biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2018 at 2:12 PM, camijo said:

Rented one while we were at Calico Jack's, self guided.  $50 for 30 minutes, my husband drove and I rode.

This price is considerably less than the RedSail prices of $85. I am travelling with my kids and will need to rent two, so I am eager to know how recently you rented them, and from what concession.

Edited by mary_228
error

36 minutes ago, mary_228 said:

This price is considerably less than the RedSail prices of $85. I am travelling with my kids and will need to rent two, so I am eager to know how recently you rented them, and from what concession.

Not sure of the vendors name who we rented through.  Since we were at Calico Jack's, on both sides of their facility jet ski rentals were set up. We put our name on the list for a time slot.  They provided life jackets and off we went for 30 minutes.  We did sign a waiver.  I could see these vendors from my lounge chair, so they are not far at all.

16 minutes ago, camijo said:

Not sure of the vendors name who we rented through.  Since we were at Calico Jack's, on both sides of their facility jet ski rentals were set up. We put our name on the list for a time slot.  They provided life jackets and off we went for 30 minutes.  We did sign a waiver.  I could see these vendors from my lounge chair, so they are not far at all.

Thanks for the reply.

Please be aware that once in a while you get unlicensed vendors renting Jetskis.  News stories are out there like this one: https://www.caymancompass.com/2016/11/01/public-beach-vendors-fined-500-vow-court-fight/

How does this affect you?  Chances are they carry no insurance at all - no liability, etc.  If the craft doesn't work, or harms you, they won't be covering it.

So just a word of warning before you automatically go with the cheapest.  Once in a while the government will crack down on them, but sometimes they show up again.