TOUR WITH BLEXIE

adamwilk

Took a 2 day tour with Blexie in Havana on 10/30 and 10/31 when Royal cancelled our stop in Santiago. Blexie was awesome. He showed us the stuff that the Cuban government does not want us to see. Between the two days, we must have walked about 5 miles and driven about 40.  He knows all the sites to see and all the history.  There is no down time; always on the go.  Blexie is the BEST!!!

Edited by adamwilk
grammar

We have tour with him in a few weeks.  Did you bring items for locals.  He mentioned toiletries and I'm wondering what to bring and how much?  He mentioned the possiblitiy of items being confiscated so I was wondering what you did.

I brought him a Fitbit watch  but did not bring toilitries as i thought they would be confiscated. I wish i had. Blexie advised that as long as you don’t make it obvious, you can bring them. He suggested taking one backpack per person and putting the stuff in there. As long as it looks like it’s your bag, you should have no trouble. Where do u live? I would love to give u stuff to give to him. 

We are going to bring a few small tubes of toothpaste, etc., to Blexie's company in January, carrying them as adam wilk has suggested.. 

Blexie has a notice on his Facebook page about items being confiscated. We

hope that our small contributions will get to those who need them.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, mcarbone2001 said:

We will be in Havana On jan 14, 2019.  Have not booked any tours.  Can someone help with some contact info for private tour .  We are five adults.  Thanks.

For 5 people it will not be possible in a Classic Car tour unless you split up to 2 + 3.  There are operators who has vans.  You may want to try to contact Fernando at FerTours http://fertours2havana.com/ and Crisy / Roly at Havana Memories https://havanamemories.jimdo.com/.  Check out their reviews on TripAdvisor.  We had an excellent guide using Havana Memories: Duramis.  I highly recommend asking for her if you contact HM.  You can also find many reviews on Duramis on TripAdvisor.  The standard tour for HM is 7 hours fully customizable with combination of walking + driving.  You can adjust the time spent at the various attractions and request sites that you are interested in seeing.  

Laurence

We toured with Romilio (Blexie tours) November 22 and had a fantastic day--the three of us--my husband, his aunt and myself. What a treat seeing all the sights and driving around in a classic car! 

In the evening, we walked around and enjoyed the nightlife on our own. What an unforgetable experience to finally be able to visit Cuba!

A 6 hr tour is $130 cuc for 4 people. Two hr walk and 4 in the car. We brought 4 tubes of toothpaste an brushes. Two in mine and two in wife’s. We had three ports and only once did they want to look in my bag, ythey did not not recognize the travel toilet rolls until I basically showed them what is was for. If not in excess you will have no problems. My bag was the only one looked at with about 20 people in cront of us. Enjoy your trip.

• Like 1