How does the social media package actually work?

landsear

18 hours ago, marlynnp said:

download the carnival hub app if you haven't already. When you get on board, you'll sign in through the app with your folio # and birth  date.

Hub App has nothing to do with the WiFi social package, the Hub App is great, do it. When you get aboard the ship open any browser and it will direct you how to sign in for the social package.

On 11/9/2018 at 8:50 PM, landsear said:

Just ordered the social media package for my cruise in 2 days.  Do I have to do anything on board?  Put my phone in airplane mode or anything?  There was no instructions on how it actually works.

Once onboard, you will find a document in your cabin confirming the social media internet purchase.  It should list your folio number on it (or you can find your folio number on your Sail and Sign card)

To log on, put your phone in airplane mode (this turns off all wireless radios).  Then turn JUST the wifi on.The phone will still be in airplane mode so cell service (and expensive travel rates) will be disabled.  Once wifi is on, then browse to Facebook (or any social media website).  Your browser will automatically redirect you to a portal page for carnival where it offers to sell you an internet package.  There should be a link there to log in (already purchased, or something like that).  Follow that link and it will ask you for your folio number.  Once entered, it will register your device on their system so you can stay connected for the rest of the cruise.  

20 hours ago, jeff92k7 said:

Once onboard, you will find a document in your cabin confirming the social media internet purchase.  It should list your folio number on it (or you can find your folio number on your Sail and Sign card)

To log on, put your phone in airplane mode (this turns off all wireless radios).  Then turn JUST the wifi on.The phone will still be in airplane mode so cell service (and expensive travel rates) will be disabled.  Once wifi is on, then browse to Facebook (or any social media website).  Your browser will automatically redirect you to a portal page for carnival where it offers to sell you an internet package.  There should be a link there to log in (already purchased, or something like that).  Follow that link and it will ask you for your folio number.  Once entered, it will register your device on their system so you can stay connected for the rest of the cruise.  

Yep, this is what I was going to say. Just make sure you have the apps you want to use already installed.

Just off the Elation, and the Social Media package was perfect for me.  I used Instragram Direct to stay in touch with family.  The cost was $25 per cruise, was not offered a daily rate.  I did find that sometimes in my cabin (which was Rivera Deck 4 near the back) service was sometimes slow, but I did not have any issues on the higher decks.  

Hope you enjoy your cruise!