about how much$ for a 4 day?

firstcruisehelp

not enough info, I just assume people are reading my mind:p . I'm wondering the total cost per person of a 4 day cruise (round about) I know there all different, but I'm just trying to get a gerneral idea how much the trip will cost. I'm planning on going to cozumel, or playa.

Thanks!

Hi all, it's my first cruise and I need to know how much it'll be. I've talked to a travel agent but she can't get back to me until monday. Hopefully it's not too expensive or I won't be able to go:eek: !!!! Any help greatly appreciated!!!

If you want to get an idea before Monday and can't wait for the TA (and I was in that same boat, er ship) ... I checked

1. Carnival Website

2. Expedia.com

3. Travelocity.com

4. Orbitz.com

5. Home page area here at cruisecritic.com

and several "discount special sites" (which by the way was not any less than the rez I made with my TA!)

There be a lot of info surfing the web before you sail the seas to find more than you may want to know!

Thanks, they do look like they have great deals, but my travel agent told me these prices do not include port charges or taxes,I was just wondering what others costs have been. Also, another stupid question, what does "tendered" mean? I keep hearing about ships being tendered, but I don't know what it is!!! Thanks all.

If you look at a site like Travelocity, as long as you go all the way through and select a room, you get to see ALL the costs including port charges and taxes. Don't worry, at that point you haven't given up any personal information or booked anything. The TA you talked to just wants you to book with them instead of an online site.

At some ports, there are docks for cruise ships. You just walk off a ramp and back on. However, there are lots of ports that don't have docks and the ship drops its anchor away from the port. Then you have to 'tender' to shore. That means you ride in some of the life boats or other boats to and from the port. This is a much slower process, but it's the only way to see some ports. The people that sign up for the ship's tours get to tender first. If you wait until the last hour or so to return to the ship, you'll likely be in a long hot line waiting for the tender back to the ship.

By the way, Cozumel used to have two enormous docks that could dock a lot of ships at the same time, but they were damaged by Katrina. So all ships have to tender at Cozumel until the docks are repaired.

Ahhhhhhhh, tendering does not sound so good, thanks for letting me know about that, maybe playa del carmen will be a better choice then!! Anyone have any opinions on where the best places are? I've never been anywhere, but I love white sand and aqua blue water (in pictures, anyways hee hee) Thanks for being so helpful!!!

We did a 4 day on the Fascination and our sail and sign card bill was around 500 $ that was for four of us, two are teenagers. we did one shore excursion in Nassua and had a couple of drinks each plus bought one photo . does that help to answer your question?

100pp per day is what I base my cruises on. But you can find a 4 day in off season for less then 60.00 a day.

Carnival site lets you see the listed price with out govenrment taxes. which is extra.

also not shown is gratuities..which will cost you 10pp per day not included inthe cruise fare.

all alcohol and soda not free.

and all passengers in a cabin MUST be over 21 or 1 perosnneeds to be 25.

to see a price...go to carnival.com click on funships. click on any of the ships... scroll to the bottom to get information.

Some sailings... you can do a 7 day cruise for under 500 pp (we are doing the Destiny- for under 500 for an inside cabin.

(dont forget to factor in an airfare to your port.

which port are you close to?

As a very rough rule of thumb, that is in the general ballpark for an inside cabin including all port and taxes. This assumes double occupancy. Most prices for a 4 day, on sale/special (leaving within 2 months) run about $300-$400 plus tax of about $40-$90. Add about $50-$100 pp for a window. That is to get you on the ship. Then add onboard expenses (drinks, purchases, gambling, excursions) and tips ($10 pp/day).

Thanks for the info everyone, unfortunatly I live in Michigan not close to any, so I'll be flying to florida. Hopefully my t.a. can get me a good deal for airfare. My fiance and I don't have a lot of money (we're saving for our destination wedding:p next year) but we've been together 6 years and have never gone anywhere except seaworld in ohio, and I do not consider that a vacation!!! So I got a nice bonus from work and decided to go on a cruise!!! Sorry about the life story!!! Happy cruising all!

you canbook airfare yourslef and save tons of money. Travel agents book airfare through the cruiselines which cost about 75% more then what you can get yourself.

For a cruise--coming that distance--you want to fly in the day before.

You arrive for your cruise refreshed and not travel weary.

Hotels can be had through priceline... read www.biddingfortravel.com to see how it all works...and what hotels are beinghad for any area.

Any online agency can show you about what you can expect to pay for airfare...looking at prices over a weekend will give you a higher price then if you look on a Tuesday or Wed. Prices for air and cruises fluctuate.

any advise on being scared to death to fly. I have xanax, but that doesn't even help when I'm getting a filling at the dentist, and I'm a dental assistant!!!! I'm not as scared of my teeth being worked on as I am to fly. I don't know if my legs will take me on the plane. I'd just drive if I could take more days off work!!

Archived