Getting From Miami Back to FLL?!

Everyone says use tri county shuttle to get from FLL to Miami, and I've done that previously, everything was great. As it is, that trip I did not have to have roundtrip transportation to FLL. This time I do. When trying to make reservations on the website, it says that the date or time is not available, yada yada... What are the other options for getting from Miami to FLL for an 11:30am flight? Thanks in advance.

To continue on that now that it's not the middle of the night and I can think...

Is it just as easy to just grab a cab at port at 9am as it is at noon? We have an 11:55 flight from FLL and I figure we should be off ship by 9am to attempt to make that.

After reading more on the tri-county site, it gives specific instructions for making a reservation from the cruise port to an airport but after following those, I realize it's only for a private executive sedan with meet and greet which pushes $90 as the final total! Even if a cab costs $55 to FLL it's much much less. I'm just concerned about the availability at the pier that early in the morning.

I used Larry's Limo in December 05. Very reasonable. The driver was at the port @ 9:00am and called my cell phone to let me know this. He was very familiar with the port and was able to get us in and out of there very quick! It did take quite a while to disembark....Make sure your the first color to get off the ship. We had the first color but did not get off till after 10:30am. Then it took quite a long time to find our luggage. Please give yourself plenty of time or if possible take your luggage off the ship yourself!

Have a great cruise!

I used Larry's Limo in December 05. Very reasonable. The driver was at the port @ 9:00am and called my cell phone to let me know this. He was very familiar with the port and was able to get us in and out of there very quick! It did take quite a while to disembark....Make sure your the first color to get off the ship. We had the first color but did not get off till after 10:30am. Then it took quite a long time to find our luggage. Please give yourself plenty of time or if possible take your luggage off the ship yourself!

Have a great cruise!

How much was Larry's Limo and how many can it accomodate comfortably?

We took a cab from MIA to FLL in December. Cost was 65.00 We were fortunate enough to be off the ship by 7:15 (diamond members) so we had plenty of time to make a 11:30 flight. Good luck!

Did you pre-book the cab or just walk off and there were some there?

There will be plenty of cabs right outside the terminal to take you back to FLL. No reservations are needed. This how they make their living. They will be there. It is a flat fee. If you are traveling in a party of four or more I doubt that you will find less expensive transportation.

Thanks y'all. You've made me feel better about the cab idea... As my boyfriend said, if I'm still concerned that they won't be there I can always call the cab companies to verify that they'll be sitting there... and if I'm still concerned after that, I can book the car.

For Signman, Tri County showed my options as an executive sedan or an executive van. There are only 2 people in my party, so a cab would be just fine, luggage and all.

The cabs will be there, but will your party and all of your luggage fit into a regular cab, or will you need a van. Did you call Tri-county? Maybe their website was malfunctioning? You don't have much time for error.

There will be plenty of "van" type cabs there, too.

I have just got back from the Voyager.

I took a shuttle from our hotel in FLL to Miami. We were charged $15 each. When I asked about a return fare to the same hotel I was quoted $27. When I asked how come the price was more I was told it is because the shuttle would have to wait for us to disembark.

I thought that we were being ripped off so I just took a cab ( there were plenty) when we got off the ship. The fare was slightly cheaper than the shuttle and would have been $65 to the airport.

Hope this helps. Have a great trip!:)

Our cab was a van as we had a lot of luggage. Same price as the regular cab.

We are a party of 5 - would the vans be large enough for us? Any idea of the cost if a regualr cab run $55-$65

Thanks,

Tammy

We were four people and five would have fit fine in a van cab. They are the same price as a regular cab and will run approx. $65.00 per cab, not per person, from the Port of Miami to FLL.

Archived