Water in Cuba

powell

Our tor guides said drink only bottled. They say the water is OK for them but it takes your body time to get used to it and can have some unwanted side effects. We took bottles off the ship. The tour guides had water on the buses but it was bottled in Cuba and I was even leery of that.

I read on TA that you should only drink Ciego Monterro  water, which is bottled by Nestle. Also, if you buy water in a restaurant or elsewhere, tell them to bring you an unopened bottle. That way you know the water in the bottle is not replacement water.

On 11/18/2018 at 8:13 PM, jamscckmc said:

Our tor guides said drink only bottled. They say the water is OK for them but it takes your body time to get used to it and can have some unwanted side effects. We took bottles off the ship. The tour guides had water on the buses but it was bottled in Cuba and I was even leery of that.

This is true anywhere in the world and even in another state in the U,S.

Have traveled all over the world, twice to Cuba; had ice in drinks and ate all the food.  Never had any issues.

Now, DH, got bad camel in Egypt and did not feel well for a few days, but recovered fine (not really camel!!)

We had ice in drinks all over Cuba and were fine. You can’t go to Cuba and not have ice in your Mojito!   We did however drink bottled water as we were guzzling gallons as the weather was so hot.