best transportation for 9 from FLL to POM?

supernanny

We are a group of 9 looking at flights coming into FLL midmorning on Sat in May and departing POM at 4.  What would be the best options for Transportation? Taxi vs. shuttle vs. rental car costs? Also wondering if a 12p.m. return flight is possible with ship docking POM at 9? Thanks for any info!

OK, few clarifications here. First, flying in the day of your cruise is NOT recommended. Second, you are more likely docking by 7am on your return, not 9. If it truly is 9, time is going to be very tight for a noon flight.

I would be contacting any of the many shuttles mentioned here...SAS, QLS, Jiffy Jeff, etc.

Docking at 9:00?  Seems late - most arrive earlier than that. :classic_unsure:  The ride from POM to FLL (weekday?  weekend?) takes about 40-60 minutes, depending upon traffic.  A noon flight should be okay with normal arrival times.  You need to be at FLL by 10-10:30 for the noon flight.

For 9 passengers plus bags I would reach out to Larry's Limos and some of the popular shared shuttles (SAS, QLS, MJS, Go Airport, etc.)  You should save a bit off of the typical $15 per person shared shuttle fare.  You could also split into 3 UberX or standard Lyft cars - fare per car between FLL and POM should be about $35

Have a  great cruise! :classic_biggrin:

Group of nine flying in day of cruise. Not what I would do. 

Anyway, I see two options. 

1. Search the forum and look for many of the shuttle providers listed. As the other poster said you should get a little bit of a discount of $15/pp. 

2. Get a few ubers. Maybe and UberXL and two Uberx or three Uberx should do. Each one would be around $35.00 to the port. 

A reserved shuttle and Uber will be pretty close in cost. 

For the ride back. Same thing. Though if the ship actually docks at 9am 12 is too early. I assume that the ship actually docks at 7am as 95% of them do. If so, then 12 is fine so long as there are no delays with the ship and you get off the ship early self assist. 

FLL is a mess on a Saturday/Sunday morning. Long lines everywhere.