Emerald Princess-Thanksgiving

Frick187

We did this sailing, was amazing.  Great service, loved being in Cabo for 24 hours rather than the usual 8 (especially with tendering), and the ship was in great shape.  Overall one of our best cruises, and we have been on 8

We enjoyed the trip overall, nothing bad. To us, service was good but wildly inconsistent in the dinning rooms. Sea was rough on the return trip but that’s not on the cruise line. There weren’t a ton of activities or entertainment compared to the other ships I’ve sailed on. We didn’t have anyone go above and beyond per say but they were typically helpful. Ship upkeep was good , second best to the Disney ships. Good cruise over all. 

2 minutes ago, tksauter said:

Sorry i don't have photos of the Patter, we didn't read it actually.  But i do have photos of the MDR menu from one of the nights, and a nice sunrise picture.

Beautiful! Thank you for posting.  First Princess cruise for us so we're super excited.  Happy Holidays!

1 minute ago, tksauter said:

I highly recommend dinner at Share one night.  Best meal i have ever had on a cruise!

Thanks. We're thinking about it!

Question about Cabo itself...how was the local atmosphere?  I haven't been there in over 20 years.  It's changed I'm sure but are there still people hawking things with your every turn?  

Just now, Frick187 said:

The patters will also be on the website they give you which you access free via WiFi although they didn’t match the print at times. 

Cool. I'd just like to see one...Only know RCCI they post a lot on that blog they have but I haven't found any online for Princess.  I'm still old-fashioned and like to read a paper and then recycle it of course. 😉

Thank you in advance!

4 minutes ago, MikeNTeriAZ said:

Cool. I'd just like to see one...Only know RCCI they post a lot on that blog they have but I haven't found any online for Princess.  I'm still old-fashioned and like to read a paper and then recycle it of course. 😉

Thank you in advance!

Folks that sail Disney Cruise Line always post There’s, we didn’t find anyone for Princess so I made sure we kept them . 

24 minutes ago, MikeNTeriAZ said:

Thanks. We're thinking about it!

Question about Cabo itself...how was the local atmosphere?  I haven't been there in over 20 years.  It's changed I'm sure but are there still people hawking things with your every turn?  

Atmosphere was fine.  Certainly the usual hawkers, but nothing extraordinary.  Cabo has changed a ton over the last 20 years, much more built up and commercial than it used to be.  We were amazed by all the million dollar yachts parked in the harbor.

8 hours ago, Frick187 said:

We enjoyed the trip overall, nothing bad. To us, service was good but wildly inconsistent in the dinning rooms. Sea was rough on the return trip but that’s not on the cruise line. There weren’t a ton of activities or entertainment compared to the other ships I’ve sailed on. We didn’t have anyone go above and beyond per say but they were typically helpful. Ship upkeep was good , second best to the Disney ships. Good cruise over all. 

Thank you for the pictures. What cabin did you have?

3 minutes ago, Frick187 said:

L238 

floor 15 front, port side. But you feel everything. 

Ah. We were supposed to be on that deck but just a few days ago Princess told us we were in a cabin on Baja. They said it was an upgrade.   I wanted to be on Lido because my husband can't walk much so I thought that'd be closer for him.  Thank you again. :)

8 minutes ago, MikeNTeriAZ said:

Ah. We were supposed to be on that deck but just a few days ago Princess told us we were in a cabin on Baja. They said it was an upgrade.   I wanted to be on Lido because my husband can't walk much so I thought that'd be closer for him.  Thank you again. 🙂

I would rather have a Lido deck cabin too.

49 minutes ago, MikeNTeriAZ said:

Ah. We were supposed to be on that deck but just a few days ago Princess told us we were in a cabin on Baja. They said it was an upgrade.   I wanted to be on Lido because my husband can't walk much so I thought that'd be closer for him.  Thank you again. 🙂

I'd personally consider Baja an upgrade as you then have cabins above and below, super quiet in cabin, etc.  Depends on where on Baja with regards to how much walking for elevators,  etc 

We were aboard the Thanksgiving cruuse - had a family group of 18. Outstanding time had by all. Dinner was a little longer than normal - so many large groups made from some slower than normal service, but none went longer than 2, maybe 2.15 hours or so. Very relaxing to have tike to reconnect with family and such. Good fun.

Lots of family activities during the day and early evening, later night was quieter (to be expected with 654 under 18 onboard! Lol).  Outstanding participation in formal night - it was so much fun with everyone all dressed up - so many more dressed u, and we're way more dressed up than the cruise prior to it.  It was fun.

Cabo overnight was great.  A little awkward with the 1 arrival and noon departure - made it a little awkward for a beach day or such, but eminently doable.

Tenders ran all night. We headed back out around midnight after the rest of the family went to bed and enjoyed the nightlife till around 5. Good fun. Plenty of people around, security wss excellent, etc.  

All in all, we had a blast. Wildly different than the cruise right beforehand (we did a back to back, the prior cruuse wss 28 nights round trip, only 12 under 18! Lol)...

Have a great time!  Say hi to Gigi in Explorer's,  Ref in Vines, Hansel at the pool deck and Skywalkers - they're amazing.