Oasis Dining Question

Heloguy

We are currently scheduled for Late Dining on our Feb 2019 Oasis of the Seas cruise.  We are a party of 6.  We prefer early dining.  Our Travel Agent said that we could not get wait-listed for My TIme Dining or the early seating and that the late seating was the only option that she could get us.  On other cruises, we've gone to the Maitre'd upon boarding and have had luck on some occasions and not on others in changing dining arrangements.  The late dining option was going to make it very difficult to attend most of the shows.  On other cruises, there seemed to be late shows for early diners and early shows for late diners.  This cruise seems to only have late(ish) shows.  I have 2 questions:  (1) Do others have good experience with changing late dinner seating to either early or MTD on the Oasis?, and (2) Can we just show up at the dining room and expect to be seated without a reservation or being a My TIme Dining group?  Thanks for your insight/assistance.

If you are assigned to late dining, then that is the only time you can get served in the dining room.  Options would be Windjammer, Solarium Bistro, Cafe Promenade, Sorrento's, or specialty restaurants.

Try to change to My Time once you are onboard by going to the MTD desk at the entrance to the dining room.

Had the same problem 2 yrs ago on Oasis.  We went onboard with no MDR reservations.   Due to being with a large group, our group TA  assumed (incorrectly) that we would eat early with the rest of the group and changed our confirmed My Time dining to early seating.  We were furious.  They kept  apologizing but could not get our confirmed reservations  back.. We ended up going  onboard and speaking with one of the heads  at the My Time dining room, who took our names and told us to just show up when ready to be seated.    We did,, were seated within 10 minutes the first night and had no further problems the rest of the cruise.  

I am able to see dining availability for the February 10th sailing and it’s definitely 8pm dining only with no wait lists available.  The other February sailings do have MTD available 

As was suggested I would head to the dining room as soon as you board and tr6 to change this.

Thanks to everyone for the ideas and feedback.  Appreciate it.  As suggested, we'll keep in touch with our TA to see if we can get it changed before the cruise and if that doesn't work, we'll head to the MTD desk as soon as we board.