Hospital Bed Rental

meatloafsfan

I just wanted to let people know that if you need a hospital bed, you can rent one for your cruise - we did.

We're on the Caribbean Princess for 38 nights and my mother uses a hospital bed at home and for such a long trip I thought it was worth looking into. We rented through Special Needs at Sea and emailed back and forth with them and Princess to get permission. It was around $410 for the 38 days; it's a fully electric Drive Medical bed with a mattress and rails on each side (head and feet adjust as well as the whole bed goes up and down).

The room steward isn't phased at all by it and has no issues making it up. 

Although not as nice as her hospital bed at home, it was a great investment to make the trip a little easier for my mother.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:27 PM, calico cruiser said:

Bed rental depends on cruise line.  Special Needs told  me that neither Princess or HA allowed.  Went with lift chair on Princess as this was next best option for Alaskan trip.

We did have to get Princess' permission but they did give it. It was on the Caribbean Princess ship so....and funny enough, it was at the suggestion of their special needs department (I was asking for a rollaway which is available on that ship - we've had it before - because the new beds were too high for a transfer for my mother). Special needs specifically said to me, "Have you considered a hospital bed rental?".

It took some back and forth to arrange (getting the quote, getting the cruise line approval, getting the rental agreement, providing that to the cruise line, getting a fit to travel note for the cruiseline) but it was well worth it for us.

• Like 1