question regarding staterooms

My DH are now totally hooked on cruising, we've even pulled Mom, Dad, and step-parents into our addiction:p

We have a Princess cruise booked for March ....can't wait! I was looking at one of RCI members Navigator pictures. They looked beautiful. We are always open to different cruise lines, but want to be certain it is a nice cruise, but not out of our budget.

Anyway, in a few of the pictures of the Promenade deck it appeared as if there are staterooms overlooking the interior Promenade? Do interior staterooms have windows to the interior of the ship? Just curious.

And also interested in any thoughts about RCI vs. Princess:)

Princess board mostly says 'no contest' Princess over RCI. I sure I'll get the same thoughts on RCI, but would like to know specifics if possible. We are a couple in our early 40's. Not heavy into the "party seen", but do like to have a good time.

I cannot compare RCI and PRincess as I have not yet sailed Princess. I can tell you that yes... there are interior staterooms that overlook the promenade on the "Voyager" and the new "Freedom" class ships of RCI. (Adventure, Explorer, Navigator, Mariner, Voyager and Freedom) We have stayed in that category and would do it again. The rooms hold 2 persons comfortably, and have a loveseat as well as a window seat and bowed window where you can look down onto the promenande. They usually have a couple of parades in the promenade during the cruise (usually a welcome aboard and a farewell). The room are pretty soundproof as far as noise from the promenade as long as you are not right above a bar. Keep you curtains closed if you want privacy as you can see right in from below and from across the way. Other inside rooms are standard with no windows at all. We are in our mid-40s and find that RCI is perfect for us. There are families, couples, seniors, and areas and activities for all ages and interests. Happy cruising!!

I have sailed both...

IMHO - staterooms are larger and prettier on RCL

Food is better on Princess

Service was up just a notch on Princess

You didn't mention kids.....RCL is more family oriented. Princess actually limits the number of kids per sailing except for holiday and school break cruises. So there are more adults less kids.

We were on Princess last year but are sailing on RCL in April so obviously we are fine with both.

You will have a wonderful time if you go with the right spirit - to enjoy your vacation with your family. Its a blessing just to be going.

I have sailed both...

IMHO - staterooms are larger and prettier on RCL

Food is better on Princess

Service was up just a notch on Princess

You didn't mention kids.....RCL is more family oriented. Princess actually limits the number of kids per sailing except for holiday and school break cruises. So there are more adults less kids.

We were on Princess last year but are sailing on RCL in April so obviously we are fine with both.

You will have a wonderful time if you go with the right spirit - to enjoy your vacation with your family. Its a blessing just to be going.

We had a balcony on the Golden Princess on Emerald deck, so our balcony was almost a big as stateroom (I thought was pretty big anyway - bathrooms reeealllly small).

My daughters are 22 and 24, so that would not be an issue for us.

You are so right about the going with a good spirit, it is a true blessing to be going and enjoying everything about meeting new people and seeing new places. I never did understand the complaints about trivial things.

Thanks for your information:)

We have sailed both. What I liked about Princess over Royal Caribbean is the pools and food around the pools. One the Grand they had an adult only pool area as well as at least one if not two other pools, can't remember. Loved the brats (sausages not kids), hamburgers & pizza available in the pool area. Also the 24 hour buffet, least I remember it that way, shifted from side to side of the ship so no downtime to switch from one meal to the next.

Cabins I can't compare as the cabins since ours on the Grand had a walk in closet, separate restroom from the room with the jacuzzi tub & glass shower, wet bar & two TV's :D (Vista Suite) Best we have had on any Royal ship is a JS which just does not compare.

That being said.... I still like the atmosphere on Royal better. Feel the people are more our age (last year in 30"s hubby is 42). I love the Love & Marriage Game, Quest, horse races and pool games. Laughed on Princess but only at one show. Shows seem more serious.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Cruise Fairy, you will get some balanced info posting on this board. On the Princess board you would get creamed for even considering sailing RCI over Princess. :D

At any rate, I've sailed RCI twice and Grand Princess 4 weeks ago. There were things that I liked about Princess, but overall I prefer RCI. The employees are happier and friendlier which translates to better service (might depend on the ship). The Grand Princess buffet design/selections don't hold a candle to my 2 RCI experiences. There were less things to do on Princess, unless you like things like napkin folding classes and trivia contests. The Princess pools are fresh water instead of salt water, if that is important to you.

I am sailing the Navigator in September, am hoping to book the Rhapsody for Christmas, and plan on booking the Tahitian Princess for summer 2007. I am not opposed to trying Carnival if the itinerary/price were right.

The cruise experience is very subjective and you will get lots of differing opinions. Things that are important to one person are not important to the next. The best thing to do is try both (I hope you will) and find out for yourself the cruise experience you prefer. Don't pay any attention to cheerleaders who will tear down anyone who posts something negative about their beloved cruise line. Happy cruising!

Thanks to all, you've given me some really good information. As for getting flamed for considering another cruise line....you are sooooo right:p

We plan to definitely try other lines, but really don't have a beef with Princess at this point.

I've been reading several posts on this board, everyone seems pretty understanding and supportive, I like that:)

Thanks to all, you've given me some really good information. As for getting flamed for considering another cruise line....you are sooooo right:p

We plan to definitely try other lines, but really don't have a beef with Princess at this point.

I've been reading several posts on this board, everyone seems pretty understanding and supportive, I like that:)

As for getting flamed, try saying a bad word about Holland America, aka HAL. They definitely drink the Kool Aid and are under the cotrol of HAL, who also maybe the computer on 2001 Space Odessy

As for getting flamed, try saying a bad word about Holland America, aka HAL. They definitely drink the Kool Aid and are under the cotrol of HAL, who also maybe the computer on 2001 Space Odessy

Too funny! :D The HAL disciples cannot POSSIBLY be as bad as the Princess Cheerleaders! :D

Archived