Highest deck to lay out on the Koningsdam?

flygirl2

We will be sailing on the Koningsdam for the first time next month. I always enjoy finding a quiet place to lay out in the sun on the highest deck on the ship. On deck 12 the Observation deck there is the "Retreat" off of the "Crows Nest". I know there's a charge for the "Retreat" but is there another area on that deck with regular places to lay out? thx

Even though the deck plan apparently doesn't show it....there is actually a deck above the retreat.  If you look at the side view of the deck plan you can see there is one level above the Crow's nest and retreats.  If you go out the door the retreats are right in front of you but behind you is a stairway to the deck above.  I went up there once last March and there was nobody up there.  There were lounge chairs though.  If my memory is correct is was windy as you are in the front of the ship.  They had angled glass to deflect some of the wind but it was definitely the highest point on the ship as you could look down at the retreats and the lido pool area. 

• Like 1