San Juan question

janymac

18 minutes ago, janymac said:

I was wondering if anyone knew if you we can drop off our luggage and not check in until later so we can sightsee?

Thanks so much

janymac

I've never been to any port where there was any connection whatsoever to dropping off your bags and checking in.  They simply do not keep track of where you go after you drop your bags off.  And there is nothing that links you to your bags when you do decide to check in.  I would be very surprised if you can't do what you want assuming they are ready to accept bags for the new cruise when you arrive.  I do not have personal experience with San Juan, however.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

We haven't dropped our bags and left, but we have checked in and then left.  We plan on doing this in January on our cruise, too.  The ship doesn't leave until late and we want to check out the SanSe festival in Old San Juan.  But I don't see why you couldn't drop your bags and leave.  If the line isn't too long, though, you might want to check in and then go sightsee, just so you don't have to worry about doing it later.  

We’re staying in Old SAN Juan the night before our cruise. We’ve checked with the hotel, and they’ll hold our bags after checkout so we can tour the old city, then grab the bags & taxi to the ship when we’re ready to check in.