Sanctuary Book whole cruise just for half day?

cpcanuck

I know that you can get a deal by booking the sanctuary the whole cruise and have access all day. 

On a ten day cruise that would be $300

If you book just one day at a time it’s $40 or $20 for the half day.

If I want to only book afternoons for the entire cruise it would be $20 x 10 days - $200. Has anyone ever tried booking just the afternoons for the whole cruise, or will I need to purchase the full package and pay $100 more knowing I wouldn’t use it in the mornings? Thanks 

22 minutes ago, donswife said:

If there are loungers available, you should be able to book every afternoon, but it might not be the same one every day.

I wondered about that. It makes sense I guess. They will want to try and get folks to book the whole time, and when you do that you get to keep the same lounger. 

3 hours ago, cpcanuck said:

If I want to only book afternoons for the entire cruise it would be $20 x 10 days - $200. Has anyone ever tried booking just the afternoons for the whole cruise, or will I need to purchase the full package and pay $100 more knowing I wouldn’t use it in the mornings? Thanks 

Some ships allow you on embarkation day to select which days (and half-days) you wish to book, so maybe the first day you can pick the afternoons you want and be able to reserve them all that day and get the same location.

Yes,  based upon availability, you can book just afternoons...  At the slightly higher rate, of course.

And, the loungers are actually chosen and assigned when booking, so you would probably have different lounger locations throughout the cruise.

I am thinking that on the Regal,  which has that very nice Sanctuary, with a row of loungers facing out across the front of the ship,  they were making those choice loungers available to the full cruise bookings.  We were able to find a very nice location just behind those, right. next to the central sitting area/pavilion.   It was really great!

Enjoy!